Flash Android 4.4.2 on Nexus 5 with Liscio Custom Firmware – How to
Based on Android 4.4.2 AOSP sources, you can now flash Android 4.4.2 on Nexus 5 too using the Liscio custom firmware. Liscio Android 4.4.2 custom ROM carries a very stock feel with few enhancements on the top. Here is how you can flash Android 4.4.2 on Nexus 5 with Liscio.
Flash Android 4.4.2 on Nexus 5 with Liscio custom ROM:
- Download and install USB drivers for Nexus 5 in your computer.
- Enable USB debugging option by pressing Menu > Settings > Applications. Navigate and tap on Developer Options to ensure that USB Debugging is enabled.
- Your Nexus 5 should be rooted.
- Make sure that ClockworkMod recovery is installed.
- Ensure that your Nexus 5 carries more than 70% of charge.
Guide to flash Android 4.4.2 on Nexus 5 with Liscio:
- Connect your Nexus 5 to your PC using USB cable and copy the downloaded files to the SD card of your Galaxy device.
- Disconnect your Nexus 5 and power it off.
- Now boot it in to the CMW recovery mode: press and hold Volume Up, Home and the Power buttons simultaneously. Use Volume keys to highlight and Power button to select.
- Nandroid backup: select Backup and Restore option to perform the Nandroid backup of your current OS.
- Data wipe operations: go to wipe data/factory reset and confirm the operation. Also wipe cache partition and finally go for wipe dalvik cache to clean it up too.
- Now, select install zip from sdcard and then choose zip from Sdcard. Locate the Liscio Android 4.4.2 KitKat file and confirm its installation.
- When the ROM installation completes successfully, repeat the above step for installing the GApps package.
- Once done, go back to main recovery menu and select reboot system now.