Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to XXU1ANE2 Android 4.4.2 KitKat – How to
Samsung rolled out the latest software updates for its flagship Galaxy S5 majorly improving its fingerprint sensor, camera and gallery apps! This update has so far only been released for the international variant of the Samsung Galaxy S5. You can update to this latest update via OTA or Samsung KIES; however, if you have not yet received the notification, here is how to manually update Galaxy S5 to XXU1ANE2 Android 4.4.2 KitKat!
G900FXXU1ANE2 Android 4.4.2 KitKat details:
- Model: SM-G900F
- Model name: GALAXY S5
- Country: United Kingdom
- Version: Android 4.4.2
- Changelist: 1539356
- Product Code: BTU
- PDA: G900FXXU1ANE2
- CSC: G900FOXA1ANE2
- MODEM: G900FXXU1ANE2
Note: This is an official Android 4.4.2 KitKat update for Samsung Galaxy S5 model SM-G900F. Please do not try it on other variants!
Prerequisites to update Galaxy S5 to XXU1ANE2 Android 4.4.2:
- Create a backup of all important data in your Galaxy device.
- Download and install USB drivers for Samsung Galaxy S5 in your computer.
- Enable USB debugging option by pressing Menu > Settings > Applications. Navigate and tap on Developer Options to ensure that USB Debugging is enabled.
- Ensure that your Samsung Galaxy S5 G900F carries more than 80% of charge.
How to update Galaxy S5 to XXU1ANE2 KitKat:
Files required: download the Android 4.4.2 XXU1ANE2 KitKat firmware from this link. Also download the Odin3 v3.09 for installation from here. Unzip Odin; and unzip the leaked firmware file inside the same folder as Odin.
- Install Odin on your PC and launch it.
- Switch your Samsung Galaxy S5 off and boot it in Download mode: press and hold Volume Down, Power and Home buttons together.
- Connect your SGS5 via a USB cable; when connected successfully, you will get a message in Odin saying Added!!. (In case you don’t get it, try another USB port. If that doesn't help either, then re-install USB drivers).
- From that window, locate the XXU1ANE2 tar.md5 files to AP, BL, CP, and CS - except AP, ignore others if you don't get any such file.
- Ensure to uncheck Re-Partition and click on Start button to initiate the flashing process.
- When update installation is successfully completed, on Odin ID:COM will turn green and Odin will show you a PASS message.
- Samsung Galaxy S5 G900F will then restart and you can then disconnect your device from computer.