Flash LiquidSmooth Android 5.1.1 on Samsung Galaxy Note 3 N9005 – How to
We have already shared with you a custom ROM based on Android 5.1.1 for Samsung Galaxy Note 3. Building on that list, here is one of the top names when it comes to Android custom firmwares - LiquidSmooth. Giving you gesture and notifications controls, Dark UI, some of the best bits from CyanogenMod, and many other customization options, the ROM is now available for Samsung Galaxy Note 3 model N9005.
Stable, smooth and fast, here is how you can now update Galaxy Note 3 N9005 to Android 5.1.1 based LiquidSmooth custom ROM.
LiquidSmooth Android 5.1.1 features:
- ROM built with SaberMod 4.8.4 GCC Toolchain
- Kernel built with SaberMod 4.9.3 GCC Toolchain
- Updated Linux to 3.10.62
- LCD KCAL control
- Disabled forced encryption
- Tweaked CPU governors (more gov’s to come)
- ARM Optimized String Handling Routines
- Linaro and Code Aurora Optimizations
- CM 12 Theme engine
- Custom Navbar options
- AOKP system animation control
- Listanimation views and interpolator
- Avoid poor wifi connection option
- SuperSu Intergrated
- Long click option for quicksettings
- LockClock options in settings
- OmniRoms Performance Control
- App Circle Sidebar
- Gesture Anywhere
- Gesture unlock
- Battery icon options
- SlimRoms Headsup customization
- Custom toast animations
- Option to disable screenshot noise
- Built in superuser options with Root access options
- Call blacklist optionsrepo init -u https://github.com/AOSPA/manifest -b lollipop-mr1
- SMS rate limiting option
- Filter spam notifications
- Per app control for Lockscreen notifications
- Configurable 0, 90, 180 and 270 degree rotation
- Safe headset volume option
- Less annoying sound notifications option
- Option to use volume keys to control media volume anytime
- Option to customize device hostname
- Option to not wake up device when charge is plugged/unplugged
- Volume rocker wake up
- IME switcher notification control
- Option to disable fullscreen keyboard
- Force autorotation on IME
- Option to force show enter key
- CM’s Privacy Guard
- Increasing ringtone option
- Dark UI
- Screen Density changer
- Statusbar clock customization
- Option to disable searchbar in recents
- Statusbar brightness control
- Double tap statusbar to sleep control
- Custom Lockscreen shortcuts
- Extra info about your device (About phone/tablet)
- Custom Liquid Logo in about phone/tablet
- Google bug report and ota removed
- Option to show kernel toolchain and other info by tapping kernel version in about phone/tablet
- Timeout and instant lock options added to slide unlock instead of just secure keyguard options
- Developer options enabled by default
- Navigation bar height control
- Show application package name in app info
- LiquidSmooth Stats and Updater added
- Partition size info
- Option to disable immersive messages
Note: The link works with Samsung Galaxy Note 3 LTE N9005. You can follow the steps with other Samsung Galaxy devices, but do not use this ROM zip file with any other device.
Before you update Galaxy Note 3 N9005 to Android 5.1.1 LiquidSmooth:
- Backup any important data from your Samsung Galaxy Note 3 as a complete wipe will be required during the flashing process.
- Enable USB debugging option on your device: Settings > Development Options > USB debugging.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 N9005 must be rooted, unlocked and installed with a recovery tool like TWRP or CWM.
- Your device must be charged to at least 60% of power.
Steps to update Galaxy Note 3 N9005 to Android 5.1.1 ROM:
- Connect Galaxy Note 3 N9005 to your computer using a USB cable and copy the zip file to your phone’s SD card.
- Disconnect the USB cord and power off your Samsung Galaxy Note 3.
- Boot it into recovery mode by pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power buttons together.
- Wipe data task: from CWM recovery menu, select wipe data / factory reset and confirm the process. Then go on to wipe cache partition and wipe dalvik cache.
- From recovery menu, select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard. Locate the LiquidSmooth Android 5.1.1 custom firmware and confirm the flashing process.
- Once done, repeat the above step for installing Gapps on your smartphone.
- After installation is done successfully, return back to main recovery menu and reboot your Note 3 N9005 into the new custom ROM. First boot takes a good 5 minutes so please be patient.
Let us know if you liked the latest iteration of Android 5.1.1 Lollipop through LiquidSmooth.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter