SlimKat is one of the few first custom firmwares that were available on Android 4.4 KitKat. Rich with features, SlimKat gives stock experience of KitKat while offering a stable and speedy performance. Here is how you can update Galaxy S3 I747 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat based SlimKat custom ROM.
Before you read on to update Galaxy S3 I747 to Android 4.4.4 based SlimKat, here are some of the features and details of this ROM.
- Recommended: Android L vs iOS 8: First Impressions
SlimKat Android 4.4.4 KitKat features:
SlimKat custom firmware comes with a plenty of new features based on Android 4.4.4 KitKat. The few primary highlights include:
- The Real Dark Slim
- Custom Shortcuts
- System-Wide Keyboard Controls
- Camera Features
Prerequisites to update Galaxy S3 I747 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat based SlimKat:
- Backup any important data from your Samsung Galaxy S3 SGH-I747 as a complete wipe will be required during the flashing process.
- Enable USB debugging option on your device: Settings > Development Options > USB debugging.
- Samsung Galaxy S3 must be rooted, unlocked and installed with a recovery tool like TWRP or CWM.
- Your device must be charged to at least 60% of power.
How to update Galaxy S3 I747 to Android 4.4.4 SlimKat:
Here is how to update Galaxy S3 I747 to Android 4.4.4 based latest SlimKat custom firmware.
- Connect Galaxy S3 to your computer using a USB cable and copy the zip file to your phone’s SD card.
- Disconnect the USB cord and power off your Galaxy S3.
- Boot it into recovery mode by pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power buttons together.
- Perform a Nandroid backup of your current OS: Backup > backup and restore on ClockworkMod recovery.
- Wipe data task: from CWM recovery menu, select wipe data / factory reset and confirm the process. Then go on to wipe cache partition and wipe dalvik cache.
- From recovery menu, select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard. Locate the SlimKat Android 4.4.4 custom firmware and confirm the flashing process.
- Return back to main recovery menu and reboot your AT&T Samsung Galaxy S3 into the new custom ROM. First boot takes a good 5 minutes so please be patient.
How to restore: If you want to return to previous OS on your SGS3, boot into recovery, select backup and restore then restore your previous ROM by selecting it from the list.