Time to Flash Android 5.1.1 on Samsung Galaxy S3? Here’s How – Guide
You can now upgrade your Samsung Galaxy S3 to the very latest version of Android. Yep, Android 5.1.1 Lollipop is now available for Galaxy S3 thanks to BlissPop custom ROM. There's a LONG list of features and customizations that this custom firmware supports so you better try it if you are in to customize your smartphone.
This custom ROM is stable and smooth and gives fast performance with OTA updates so you don't have to flash the ROM every time. Here is the tutorial to help you update Galaxy S3 I9300 to Android 5.1.1 Lollipop based BlissPop custom ROM.
BlissPOP Android 5.1.1 features:
- Status Bar
- Navigation & Button Options
- Notification Drawer
- Lockscreen Options
- Power Menu Options
- Gesture Anywhere
- App Circle Bar
- Sound Options
- Display & Light Options
- Notification Manager
- Bliss Download Section
-All current downloads for your convenience
- AudioFX Equalizer
-Accounts & Sync
-Language & Input
-Backup & Reset
-Date & Time
-Rom & Hardware Information
-Bliss OTA Updates and much more...
For complete features list of this CyanogenMod-based custom ROM, visit the XDA thread.
Things to check before proceeding:
- Create a backup of all important data in your Galaxy device.
- Download and install USB drivers for Samsung Galaxy S3 in your computer.
- Enable USB debugging option by pressing Menu > Settings > Applications. Navigate and tap on Developer Options to ensure that USB Debugging is enabled.
- Make sure that recovery tool like ClockworkMod recovery is installed.
- Ensure that your Samsung Galaxy S3 i9300 carries more than 80% of charge.
How to update Galaxy S3 i9300 to Android 5.1.1 BlissPop Custom ROM:
- Download the BlissPop Android 5.1.1 Lollipop custom firmware
- Download the Google Apps. Save both files on PC.
Steps to update Galaxy S3 i9300 to Android 5.1.1 based custom ROM:
- Connect your Galaxy S3 I9300 to your computer using USB cable and copy the downloaded files to the SD card of your Galaxy device.
- Disconnect the connection with PC and turn your Galaxy S3 off.
- Boot in to custom recovery mode: press and hold Volume Up, Down and the Power buttons simultaneously until Samsung logo shows up. Leave the keys for half a second and hold again. Use Volume keys to scroll and Power button to select.
- Now perform Nandroid backup of your current ROM: select Backup and Restore > Backup. Go back to main recovery menu after backup process is done - very important step to restore back to current OS.
- Data wiping tasks: select wipe data/factory reset > Yes. It will take a few minutes; once done, select wipe cache partition. Next tap on Advance > wipe Dalvik Cache to wipe Dalvik cache data too.
- Select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard. Locate the Android 5.1.1 based BlissPop custom ROM file copied earlier and select it. Tap on yes to confirm installation and wait for the ROM installation to be completed.
- Once installation process is finished successfully, repeat the above step but choose GApps file instead to install the Google apps package on your SGS3 I9300.
- Return to main recovery menu now and select reboot system now to boot up into the latest Android 5.1.1 Lollipop custom firmware for Samsung Galaxy S3. It will take a bit of time during the first boot, so kindly be patient.
- Ta da! Enjoy Lollipop on Galaxy S3.
How to restore: If you want to return to previous OS on your SGS3, boot into recovery, select backup and restore then restore your previous ROM by selecting it from the list.
Let us know if you loved this latest addition in the list of Lollipop based custom ROMs.