Update Galaxy Note 2 N7100 to Android 5.1.1 Lollipop Based TeamUB – How to
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100 finally receives some Lollipop love as TeamUB custom firmware based on Android 5.1.1 is now available for the device. Filled with tons and tons of features, the ROM is quite stable - based on the reviews received on the ROM for other devices it has been made available for. Here is how to update Galaxy Note 2 N7100 to Android 5.1.1 Lollipop based TeamUB.
- Recommended: Some of the Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge Bugs and Fixes - Tips
TeamUB Android 5.1.1 Lollipop features:
- OTA updates
- Centre clock
- Battery percent in the status bar
- Network traffic indicator
- Date settings
- Listview animations
- AOKP System animations
- Lockscreen Shortcuts
- Quixk settings Customization
- Heads up notifications
- Proximity speaker
- Performance settings
- Network Traffic
- App circle sidebar
- Clock fonts
- Battery styles
- Wakelock blocker
- DSLV controller
- Statusbar ticker
- Apps to SD
- Nav Bar height
- Status bar double tap to sleep
- Custom notification lights
- Recent Panel settings
- Privacy options
- Fluid interface
- Best battery improvements
- All latest CM commits
Prerequisites to update Galaxy Note 2 N7100 to Android 5.1.1:
- Backup any important data from your Samsung Galaxy Note 2 as a complete wipe will be required during the flashing process.
- Enable USB debugging option on your device: Settings > Development Options > USB debugging.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 2 must be rooted, unlocked and installed with a recovery tool like TWRP or CWM.
- Your device must be charged to at least 60% of power.
How to update Galaxy Note 2 N7100 to Android 5.1.1 TeamUB:
- Connect Galaxy Note 2 to your computer using a USB cable and copy the zip file to your phone’s SD card.
- Disconnect the USB cord and power off your Galaxy Note 2.
- Boot it into recovery mode by pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power buttons together.
- Perform a Nandroid backup of your current OS: Backup > backup and restore on ClockworkMod recovery.
- Wipe data task: from CWM recovery menu, select wipe data / factory reset and confirm the process. Then go on to wipe cache partition and wipe dalvik cache.
- From recovery menu, select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard. Locate the TeamUB Android 5.1 Lollipop custom firmware and confirm the flashing process.
- Return back to main recovery menu and reboot your Note 2 into the new custom ROM. First boot takes a good 5 minutes so please be patient.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter