The Riftbreaker Locks Down a Release Date, FidelityFX Super Resolution Confirmed for PS5
Promising looking real-time strategy/survival hybrid The Riftbreaker has finally locked down a fall release date for PC, Xbox Series X/S, and PS5. Developer Exor Studios has also confirmed that AMD FidelityFX Super Resolution (FSR) will be supported on PS5 (previously, it was only confirmed for XSX). FSR will allow both the PS5 and XSX versions of The Riftbreaker to run at an upscaled 4K and 60fps with ray tracing turned on. Check out a new release date trailer for The Riftbreaker, below.
Looking pretty good if this is your kind of thing! Need to know more? You can check out Wccftech’s interview with Exor Studios, and The Riftbreaker’s key features, below.
- Campaign – Take on an epic journey across all the different biomes of Galatea 37. You will establish multiple persistent bases across the globe that will fuel your economy. Research alien substances and lifeforms, as well as fight hordes of alien creatures, clearly not happy with your interference in the natural order of the planet. The campaign spans multiple hours and offers a remarkable degree of freedom in a super detailed, procedurally generated world. You can decide on the order of your priorities and what technologies you want to use. You’re the only human there, after all.
- Survival – Your mission is to survive a set amount of time, fighting off increasingly difficult waves of enemy creatures. Each mission in the game is randomized, offering nearly endless replayability.
- Sandbox – if intense fight for survival is not your thing either, then try out the Sandbox mode, where we give you control over the entire game – including resources, enemy spawns, and weather conditions.
- Base Building – Your task is to construct a two-way rift connected to Earth. This will be a very complex undertaking requiring enormous amounts of energy. Simple solar collectors and a few tons of steel will not be enough. You will need to build up an intricate chain of mines, refineries, power plants, and research facilities to complete this mission
- Exploration – Galatea 37 is an unknown planet in the Sycorax belt of the Milky Way galaxy. Remote surveys have detected that it is inhabitable and perfect for colonization. The planet is full of rare minerals and substances that can be found scattered across the globe. Various biomes will surprise you with unknown fauna and flora, as well as harsh weather conditions. Construct local outposts in resource-rich locations to transport the required resources using rift technology.
- Defense – Your presence on this planet will not go unnoticed! As you build up your industry and disrupt the natural order, the planet will start to see you as a threat. Build up your defenses. Construct walls, barriers, and defense towers as the attacks get stronger with every passing day. You will face thousands of hostile creatures trying to eliminate your presence.
- Hack, Slash, and Shoot – Mr. Riggs can be equipped with powerful weapons and abilities that will allow you to take on the largest of beasts. You will need to be ready to face lots of hostile alien creatures as you explore the planet.
- Gather Samples and Strange Artifacts – Felled beasts will drop valuable research specimens as well as rare resources. Use everything you can gather to research and craft new technologies, buildings, weapons, and equipment. You can also scout the terrain using your sensors and dig for treasure buried underground.
- Research – Use your gathered samples to research new technologies that will help you build up your base, improve your defenses, develop new blueprints for your Mecha-Suit, or improve existing technologies.
- Craft – Mr. Riggs is fully customizable and upgradeable. Use the blueprints that you’ve researched to craft new parts and weapons. Utilizing better materials in the crafting process will result in gear with improved properties. Each crafted item has unique properties.
- Customize Your Gameplay – The Riftbreaker‘s gameplay can be customized to fit your playstyle. You can change the frequency of enemy attacks as well as their strength and numbers, resource abundance, weather events, enemy damage, and tons of other settings. There are also multiple difficulty presets to suit the needs of both hardcore strategy players as well as those that want a laid-back base-building experience.
- Interactive Streaming – The Riftbreaker has built-in integration with the most popular streaming services. The stream’s audience can actively participate in the game through multiple options, e.g., by voting to send waves of new enemies, donating resources, or spawning environmental disasters like a tornado.
- The Schmetterling Engine – This game is built using the latest iteration of EXOR Studios’ in-house developed Schmetterling 2.0 engine, which was previously used to create X-Morph: Defense and Zombie Driver. We pride ourselves in delivering fluid gameplay and utilizing all your hardware’s capabilities: uncapped frame rate, support for widescreen monitors, customizable controls, and more.
The Riftbreaker launches on PC, Xbox Series X/S, and PS5 on October 14. Xbox One and PS4 versions will arrive “at a later date.”
Products mentioned in this post
The links above are affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, Wccftech.com may earn from qualifying purchases.