How to Sync Android or iOS Devices with Your Windows 10 PC
Upgraded to Windows 10 and now want to sync your Android or iOS devices with your computer? If you own a Windows Phone, your data will be synced automatically with your Windows 10 computer. However, iOS and Android users will have to set up their devices before starting the sync process. Following is the guide to help you sync and transfer data between your Android / iOS and Windows 10 devices.
Prerequisites to sync Android / iOS device with Windows 10:
- You will need a verified Windows Live account before starting out on this guide.
- Make sure you have charged up your Android or iOS smartphone to at least 50%.
Steps to sync Windows 10 with iOS or Android:
- Connect your Android device to your PC using a USB cable.
- Windows 10 will identify your device and proceed to automatically install any required USB drivers.
- Launch Microsoft's Phone Companion app on your computer.
- Select the device platform to Android (or iOS) > select OneDrive.
- Enter your Windows Live account login details and click on the sign-in button.
- When you are logged in, you will get a download link in your email.
- Click on this link and download the app for your Android device. Or, you can choose to install the app directly from the Google Play Store.
- Once you have installed the app, launch it and enter login details of your Windows Live email account.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and give the app permissions to access your images / gallery to start syncing your data.
- All done? Time to move back to your PC. On the Phone Companion app, check the confirmation box that shows you that you have signed in to OneDrive app on your Android device.
- Confirm Camera Upload settings on your device and finish the process.
You are all set to start transferring data between your Android device and your Windows 10 PC.
Note: This guide will work similarly with both Android and iOS platforms. You only need to select iOS platform, as mentioned in the steps, instead of Android to sync Windows 10 with your iOS devices.