Star Wars Battlefront II To Sport More Original Trilogy Content At Launch; New Campaign Footage To Come During D23
Star Wars Battlefront II is one of the most anticipated games coming this year on PC and consoles, and fans of the franchise are trying to learn everything possible about the game by asking developers on Twitter. Thanks to one of these fans, we have learned something more regarding the game’s launch content.
Answering a question on Twitter, Star Wars Battlefront II Associate Design Director Dennis Brännvall confirmed that the game will feature more original trilogy content at launch, compared to the prequel and sequel trilogies content. Additionally, he confirmed that the amout of prequel and sequel trilogies content will be similar.
We didn't want to throw away stuff from the first game, so OG will have the most, but prequel and new are similar
— Dennis Brännvall (@DICE_FireWall) July 12, 2017
On a related note, we have also learned recently thanks to a new video shared on the Star Wars Official YouTube channel that we will be getting a new look at the game’s single player campaign with a behind the scenes video during D23, which is being held this weekend.
Earlier this week it’s been confirmed that the Star Wars Battlefront II open beta will be held this October. Details on the included content have also been revealed.
Galactic Assault on Naboo
- Join the Separatist droid army or the Republic Clones on the streets of Theed in massive 40 player multiplayer melees.
- Choose from four distinct trooper classes:
- Assault troopers are classic flankers, pushing the line forward and advancing the front.
- Heavy troopers use their high-powered weapons and personal body shields to take ground and hold it.
- Officers power up their teammates with buffs and deploy remote weapons to support their allies.
- Specialists lay traps and snipe from a distance.
- Control beloved Star Wars heroes, pilot prequel-era vehicles, and more.
Multiplayer Starfighter Assault
We’re not sharing all the details around this yet, but we can tell you that you’ll be able to take part in an epic starfighter assault set during the original trilogy era, piloting an assortment of Star Wars’ greatest ships in an objective-based, multi-stage battle. You’ll be learning much more about starfighters in Star Wars Battlefront II at gamescom.
Star Wars Battlefront II launches on November 17th on PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.