Star Wars Battlefront II Open Beta To Come This October; PS4 Pre-Orders Get Early Access
Earlier this month, some lucky players had the chance to try out Star Wars Battlefront II thanks to the closed alpha. A month before release however, all players will be able to get a taste of the game thanks to the open beta.
The Star Wars Battlefront II open beta will be held this October. The beta will be open to the public from October 6th until October 9th, but all those who pre-order the PlayStation 4 version of the game will be able to access the beta from October 4th.
The full content of the Star Wars Battlefront II open beta has also been detailed.
Galactic Assault on Naboo
- Join the Separatist droid army or the Republic Clones on the streets of Theed in massive 40 player multiplayer melees.
- Choose from four distinct trooper classes:
- Assault troopers are classic flankers, pushing the line forward and advancing the front.
- Heavy troopers use their high-powered weapons and personal body shields to take ground and hold it.
- Officers power up their teammates with buffs and deploy remote weapons to support their allies.
- Specialists lay traps and snipe from a distance.
- Control beloved Star Wars heroes, pilot prequel-era vehicles, and more.
Multiplayer Starfighter Assault
We’re not sharing all the details around this yet, but we can tell you that you’ll be able to take part in an epic starfighter assault set during the original trilogy era, piloting an assortment of Star Wars’ greatest ships in an objective-based, multi-stage battle. You’ll be learning much more about starfighters in Star Wars Battlefront II at gamescom.
Star Wars Battlefront II launches on November 17th on PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.