SOS Out on Steam Early Access; Blends Battle Royale with Interactive Game Show
While a Battle Royale game at its core, anyone would be hard-pressed to call this a rehash of PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds and its siblings. This is framed as an "interactive game show" where sixteen contestants have half an hour to escape the island of La Cuna. Outpost Games also developed their own streaming platform, Hero.tv, which is seamlessly integrated within SOS to allow viewers to interact with the game itself. Currently user reviews are very positive, sitting at 84% approval rate.
How SOS works is simple: Find a hidden relic, signal for extraction, and escape on the chopper. How to do it is hard: You’ll have to use your personality to build alliances, out-scheme opponents, and entertain the audience. Oh, not to mention avoid hordes of bloodthirsty monsters.
If you’re lucky enough to survive, you’ll be greeted with fame and fortune. And more importantly, you’ll still be alive.
- SURVIVE THE SHOW – Contestants only have 30 minutes to find a relic, signal for extraction, and grab one of three spots on the rescue chopper.
- REAL-WORLD VOICE RESTRICTIONS – Players must find and interact with other contestants to survive, but like the real world, they can only communicate with those within shouting distance.
- BECOME A STAR – Harken back to the days of 90’s reality shows by setting up alliances, stabbing your friends in the back, winning the affection of viewers and becoming the ultimate star.
- COMMUNICATE AND WORK TOGETHER – In SOS, a player's voice and personality become their ultimate tools for survival. With limited resources and no long-range weapons, a player’s ability to buddy up with other contestants, share resources and know when to go it alone is key. Three people can escape the island, make sure it’s your group!
- HERO PLATFORM INTEGRATION - Streamers have the ability to use Outpost Games’ Hero platform with SOS, giving them a new way to engage with viewers and grow their channels, while viewers can watch their favorite streamers play the game and become an interactive part of the experience like never before.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter