Sony’s Getting Ready For Lollipop Updates On Xperia Z3 According To Company Sources
Looks like the ship’s finally left the port when it comes to Lollipop on the Xperia Z3. After we managed to get our hands on a video of the device running Android Lollipop earlier, today Sony itself has made announcements related to the software and seems like Android Lollipop for the Xperia Z3 will finally start rolling out next week. And not only that, but the carrier has also posted a partial changelog for Lollipop on its current flagship.
Android Lollipop For Xperia Z3 Starts To Pick Up Pace With Simultaneous Updates From Indonesia And India
The ball finally seems to have started to roll on Android Lollipop for Sony as we’ve received updates from not one, but two locations for the Xperia Z3’s Lollipop update. The image above belongs to Sony India and shows that the Lollipop update for the Xperia Z3, Z3 Compact and the Z2 will soon be available for devices in the country. It comes courtesy of Sony’s R&D team in the country so we expect it to be pretty legit too.
Sony’s Facebook page for Indonesia has also posted the company’s status for Android Lollipop upgrades today. Sony Indonesia says that the update will start rolling out from week 12, which if you’ve got your calculations correct is next week. In addition to the schedule for the Lollipop update, the carrier’s also posted a brief changelog detailing what features to expect on the update. Take a look at it below.
Android 5.0 – Lollipop available for your Xperia through the Center Updates, upgrades and enjoy new features, improved performance and interesting applications.
New features available to you when you upgrade:
• intelligent user interface – Enjoy a bold new user interface, graphics and easy to understand, with Android 5.0 Lollipop. Inspired by the design of Google and the expertise of Sony, every detail is very beautiful and interactive.
• Improved screen lock – Access all your notifications at your fingertips. With a simple swipe shortcuts and intelligent notification card, you do not need to swipe away.
• Support multi-user – Create customized user profiles and guest mode on the same device. Do you want to profile you uninterrupted for work or personal profile to play, you can stay focused on what is most important.
• optimal storage – With Android 5.0 – Lollipop you do not have to sacrifice you to save storage applications.Easy to install and transfer the application to the external SD card and enjoy the flexibility and higher performance
• You will need approximately 1.2 GB of free internal memory for upgrade
• The update may take about 20 minutes to complete
To download and install the update system, the first point on your device to the Center for Renewal. Then, select the desired system update and tap Download.Once the download is complete, tap Install and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
* The latest software is available from the WK 12 lollipops, but availability will depend on the type of product Xperia dimilliki.
While we wish that the changelog posted was a little bit more detail oriented, for Sony users at this stage any news is good news. So stay in touch folks, Sony seems to be in the final stages for Lollipop and its update here in the US should be with us in no time. Rest assured, we’ll let you know as soon as hit hits. Cheers.