The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Legendary Edition Project Rainforest Mod Update Overhauls Most Worldspaces
A new version of the Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Legendary Edition Project Rainforest mod has been released.
Created by modder ‘sa547’, the tropical rainforest mod overhauls most worldspaces of the base game and expansions. Icy and snow interiors have been changed to temperate green caves, and icicles and ice sheets are removed or replaced with lily pads. In addition, the mod swaps snowy weather with rainstorms. The full list of features has been included below:
- The mod covers and changes Tamriel, Dawnguard HQ, Falmer Valley, and parts of Solstheim.
- No overpowering bloom or altered imagespaces.
- Icy and snow interiors are changed to temperate green caves.
- Icicles and ice sheets are removed or replaced with lily pads.
- Small vanilla flora are retained intact for most interiors, with their outdoor worldspace models replaced by tropical models.
- All snowy weather are swapped for rainstorms. Some regions have been modified for tropical climate and for compatibility with most ENB presets for vanilla weathers.
- Strong wind sounds are removed and tundra ambient sounds are transplanted to other previously snowy regions.
- Statics with the snow/ice shader flags are stripped, with the side benefit of them not disappearing at random.
- Jungle ambient sounds are added.
- Object LOD is properly placed as it should be in the base game.
- Trees are chosen and placed accordingly based on the original sizes of vanilla trees.
- Skaal villagers and hunters wear fur, leather and scaled armor and light clothing.
- Care has been taken to move or delete obstacles and stray collision cubes.
- To be sure, the mod has been checked and cleaned with xEdit, along with repeated playtesting prior to release.
Version 1.1 of the mod includes various fixes to trees and should offer performance gains over the initial 1.0b Beta version.
A video and some screenshots of the mod in action have been included below:
Those interested can download the mod from Nexusmods here.