Install ClockworkMod Recovery on HTC Nexus One
ClockworkMod (CWM) recovery is a custom recovery tool for Android devices allowing you to perform advanced recovery, installation, restoration and maintenance operations. Many of the features and capabilities offered by recovery tools aren't available with stock recovery which is why many Android users install recovery tools like CWM and TWRP to gain more control of their Android devices.
To install ClockworkMod recovery on HTC Nexus One, your device must be rooted. We will use the ROM Manager app to install CWM for HTC Nexus One. ROM Manager app will not only help us in installing the CWM recovery tool for HTC Nexus One but would also allow us to boot in to recovery easily along with showing the list of most popular and available custom ROMs for your Nexus One.
Note: it should be noted here that installing recovery tools or flashing custom ROMs void the manufacturer warranty of your Android devices.
Prerequisites to install ClockworkMod Recovery on HTC Nexus One:
- Create a backup of all important data in your HTC device.
- Download and install USB drivers for Nexus One in your computer.
- Enable USB debugging option by pressing Menu > Settings > Applications. Navigate and tap on Developer options to ensure that USB Debugging is enabled.
- Ensure that your HTC Nexus One carries more than 70% of charge to avoid any chances of bricking.
How to install ClockworkMod Recovery on HTC Nexus One:
Required files: download and install ROM Manager on your HTC Nexus One - must be rooted.
- Connect your device to the internet and then open the ROM Manager. Tap on Flash ClockworkMod Recovery option.
- Follow the on-screen instructions on the next screen of the ROM Manager which will ask you to confirm model. After selecting model, follow the instructions and steps.
- ROM Manager will then download the ClockworkMod recovery for your choice and install it on your smart phone.
Ta da! Yep, it's that simple! Your oldie favourite Nexus One from HTC now has the popular recovery tool CWM recovery. Whenever you want to boot into recovery, simply open the ROM Manager and tap on the Reboot into Recovery option.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter