Root and Update Nexus 10 to Android 4.4.4 KTU84P KitKat
Nexus 10 has just received another official update that fixes some minor KitKat bugs. You can now update your Nexus 10 to this latest Android 4.4.4 KTU84P KitKat software using the official factory image.
Prerequisites to root and update Nexus 10 to Android 4.4.4:
- Create a backup of all important data in your Nexus device.
- Download and install USB drivers for Nexus in your computer.
- Enable USB debugging option by pressing Menu > Settings > Applications. Navigate and tap on Developer Options to ensure that USB Debugging is enabled.
- If you are going to root, make sure to have a custom recovery tool like CWM.
- Make sure that Fastboot is correctly configured on your computer.
- Ensure that your Nexus 10 carries more than 70% of charge.
Note: Follow this guide at your own risk; Wccftech and the author will not be responsible for any damage or data loss that may occur during the process.
How to root and update Nexus 10 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat KTU84P:
Required files: download Android 4.4.4 KitKat factory image for your Nexus 10.
- Connect your Nexus 10 with PC.
- Power off and reboot your Nexus 10 in Bootloader or Fastboot mode by pressing and holding Volume Up and Power buttons. You will see the Fastboot menu and START on the top.
- Extract the downloaded file on your computer. Go to the folder mantaray-KTU84P and copy / paste all the content to your Fastboot directory.
- From the factory image files in yourFastboot directory, do the following from your OS:
- Windows: Run flash-all.bat file.
- Mac: Run flash-all.sh file using Terminal.
- Linux: Run flash-all.sh file.
- That's it. The process will run for a few minutes. Once it's done, your Nexus 10 will reboot.
- Connect your Nexus 10 with your computer via USB.
- Power off and reboot your device and boot in the Bootloader / Fastboot mode by pressing and holding Volume Up and Power keys.
- Go to android-sdk-windowsplaform-tools and open command prompt with shift + right-click.
- Type the following command:
fastboot flash recovery recovery-clockwork-touch-220.127.116.11-manta.img
- Execute and then choose Recovery to enter in the Recovery Mode in fastboot.
- From CWM (or TWRP), go to install zip from SD card > choose zip from sdcard and locate the UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.00.zip file and select it using the Power key.
- Confirm the root installation and wait as the process runs.
- Once done, choose +++++Go Back and reboot the device by selecting reboot system now.
- Your Nexus 10 will now reboot. First boot takes a few minutes so don't be worried.
Hope you have been able to successfully root and update Nexus 10 to Android 4.4.4 KTU84P KitKat latest OS update!
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter