Red Faction Guerrilla Re-Mars-Te-Red Could Be Launching on June 15th, Priced at $30
In late March THQ Nordic revealed the upcoming release of Red Faction Guerrilla Re-Mars-Te-Red, an overhauled version of the game originally released in 2009.
At the time the publisher only mentioned a Q2 launch window. However, Finnish retailer VPD has listed the game as coming out on June 15th (thanks for spotting it, @Alcoholikaust), which would definitely fit the aforementioned Q2 window. The listing also suggests that the game could be priced at $30 (on consoles, while Red Faction Guerrilla Re-Mars-Te-Red will be a free upgrade for owners of the Steam Edition on PC).
Set 50 years after the climactic events of the original Red Faction, Red Faction: Guerrilla allows players to take the role of an insurgent fighter with the newly re-established Red Faction movement as they battle for liberation from the oppressive Earth Defense Force. Red Faction: Guerrilla still defines the limits of destruction-based game-play with a huge open-world, fast-paced guerrilla-style combat, and true physics-based destruction.
- Open World Guerrilla Warfare – You decide who, when, where and how to battle. Utilize guerrilla tactics, improvised weaponry, and modified vehicles to lead insurgent attacks on EDF targets. Launch attacks based on your own gameplay style, take on missions in any order you choose, or engage in destructive activities to weaken the EDF’s grip on Mars.
- Strategic Destruction – Use destruction to your tactical advantage, setting ambushes or chain reaction explosions to attack enemy strongholds and permanently modify the game environment. Leverage fully-dynamic physics-based destruction to improvise on the fly: blow holes in a wall or floor to set an ambush or escape, take out a staircase to stop your pursuers, or drive vehicles through blown out walls.
- Evolving & Emergent Gameplay – Carve your path through an ever-changing landscape as you improvise your combat tactics – mixing gameplay styles, vehicles, weapons and explosives to defeat the EDF.
- Epic Sci-Fi Setting – Explore the huge, unforgiving Martian landscape, from the desolate mining outpost of Parker to the gleaming EDF capital city of Eos; then tear through the fully destructible open-world environments swarming with EDF forces, Red Faction resistance fighters, and the downtrodden settlers caught in the cross-fire.
- Multiplayer Combat – There is no place to hide when you put your guerrilla warfare skills to the test in a variety of highly destructive multiplayer combat modes.
- Fully reworked graphics – Heavily reworked textures and graphics features adding, for example, specular maps.
- Improved shadow rendering
- Improved Lighting
- Shader & Postprocessing rework
- Native 4K support for the finest up to date mars destruction experience ever
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter