According to various online retailers, Red Faction Guerilla is going to be released soon on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
Earlier today, GameStop stores in Sweden, Finland, Denmark, and Norway have started listing the current gen release of the game. Considering THQ Nordic has released previous gen games on current consoles, the new release of Red Faction Guerilla seems likely.
Red Faction Guerilla is the direct sequel to Red Faction. Set 50 years after its predecessor, Red Faction Guerilla allows players to take part in the war against the Earth Defense Force as a member of the Red Faction.
- Open World Guerrilla Warfare You decide who, when, where and how to battle. Utilize guerrilla tactics, improvised weaponry, and modified vehicles to lead insurgent attacks on EDF targets. Launch attacks based on your own gameplay style, take on missions in any order you choose, or engage in destructive activities to weaken the EDF’s grip on Mars.
- Strategic Destruction Use destruction to your tactical advantage, setting ambushes or chain reaction explosions to attack enemy strongholds and permanently modify the game environment. Leverage fully-dynamic physics-based destruction to improvise on the fly: blow holes in a wall or floor to set an ambush or escape, take out a staircase to stop your pursuers, or drive vehicles through blown out walls.
- Evolving & Emergent Gameplay Carve your path through an ever changing landscape as you improvise your combat tactics – mixing gameplay styles, vehicles, weapons and explosives to defeat the EDF.
- Epic Sci-Fi Setting Explore the huge, unforgiving Martian landscape, from the desolate mining outpost of Parker to the gleaming EDF capital city of Eos; then tear through the fully destructible open-world environments swarming with EDF forces, Red Faction resistance fighters, and the downtrodden settlers caught in the cross-fire.
- Multiplayer Combat There is no place to hide when you put your guerrilla warfare skills to the test in a variety of highly destructive multiplayer combat modes.
Red Faction Guerilla for PS4 and Xbox One has yet to be confirmed officially. We will let you know more about the matter as soon as possible, so stay tuned for all the latest news.