New PUBG Xbox One Update is Now Live on the PTS; Adds Training Mode and Offers Performance Improvements
Developer Bluehole has rolled out a new PUBG Xbox One update on the game’s PTS which adds a training mode to the game.
The PUBG Xbox development team already announced the training mode back in August of this year. Earlier this month Bluehole detailed the upcoming updates coming to PUBG on Xbox One, and announced that the Training Mode was delayed to November.
“The PUBG Training Mode lets 5-20 players (solo queue with matchmaking) explore a brand new 2x2 km map and practice all aspects of PUBG, from driving the game’s various vehicles around the island’s race tracks, to practicing parachute landings on scattered targets, to mastering the perfect peek shot”, Bluehole writes. “There are even areas to practice vaulting, close-quarters combat, and of course, sweet vehicle jumps.”
As the training mode has now hit the test servers, the mode should be arriving on the game’s live servers within a few weeks, and will probably be available for all players early November. As mentioned above, the new PTS build also includes performance improvements due to optimized weather and cloud effects. The full release notes for the new PTS build have been included below:
Added a Training Mode where you can practice all aspects of PUBG gameplay
The Training Mode map is 2x2 in size
You can join through matchmaking by clicking on the “Training Mode” button in the lobby.
- When there are more than 5 players in the matchmaking queue, the session will start immediately. Players will continue to join open sessions for up to 5 minutes after they start. (Up to 20 per session)
- If there are less than 5 players in the matchmaking queue, matchmaking will continue for 5 minutes
- If there are still less than 5 players after 5 minutes, the session will start with the original number of players present and other players cannot join the session.
- Total play time is 30 minutes (e.g. in case of number 1, where you immediately enter a session, you have 5 minutes where other players can join the session + regular training mode playing time of 25 minutes)
- Players cannot drop below 1hp in Training mode
Bluezone effect has been changed
- Optimized weather effects to increase framerate - especially during rain
- Optimized cloud effects during free falling to increase framerate
Fixed a bug where sometimes there are hitches during gameplay - up to 1~2 seconds
PUBG is available now for Xbox One and PC.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter