Bluehole and Microsoft Release PUBG Xbox One 1.0 Update With Xbox One & X Improvements; Patch Notes Included
“There’s a lot going on behind the scenes to get #pubg #xboxone 1.0 up and ready (teams in all corners of the globe working hard)”, Microsoft’s PUBG producer, Nico Bihary, wrote on Twitter prior to the update’s release. “Appreciate everyone’s support, especially those that have been riding with us since December.”
The 1.0 retail update brings the new 4x4km Sanhok map to Microsoft’s console alongside a new vehicle, new weapons, skins, an unique crate system and much more.
Performance improvements include optimized loading of high textures and optimized level streaming on the Xbox One X.
The full release notes have been included below. Please note that the loot crate drop rates have been excluded due to them being quite extensive.
NEW MAP: SANHOK
Added a new map: Sanhok (pronounced “sah-nok”)
Sanhok is 4km x 4km map (one fourth the size of Erangel or Miramar). Although games tend to end a little more quickly on this tiny island, battles are still massive. Every game still features 100 players.
Certain settings have been customized specifically for Sanhok to better fit its unique design. Details are below.
Faraway players and vehicles aren’t rendered the same way on Sanhok, resulting in some server performance improvements.
Weather in Sanhok changes dynamically.
Players can throw apples while waiting to board the plane in the in-game lobby.
The redzone is smaller and shorter-lasting on Sanhok.
The center of the redzone appears outside of the playzone (the white circle). This means players are more at risk when outside of the playzone.
Bluezone on Sanhok has shorter waiting times and longer travel times.
The bluezone is also dynamic. It checks remaining player numbers before deciding the next circle, adjusting the waiting time and travel time accordingly (this doesn’t affect circle size).
The item spawn rules have been customized on Sanhok to get you equipped for battle faster.
ARs, SMGs, and DMRs are spawned more often.
8x scopes and 15x scopes don’t spawn on Sanhok. However, they may still be obtained from care packages.
Everyone will receive 20 apples in the in-game lobby which can be thrown around freely. Practice your throwing skills while you wait for the game to be started!
The QBZ is an AR that uses 5.56mm rounds. It can hold 30 rounds per magazine, and can be extended to 40 rounds.
The QBU is a new, Sanhok-exclusive DMR with a standard magazine of 10 rounds of 5.56mm ammo, which can be increased to 20 with an extended magazine.
There is bipod attached to QBU-it will greatly reduce recoil when you shoot while prone.
New Vehicle: Rony
The Rony is a new pickup truck that can only be found on Sanhok (from the automaker that brought you the Mirado)!
This truck holds up to 4 passengers and excels at moving across Sanhok’s hilly landscapes.
The Rony is one of the larger vehicles on Sanhok, so it can be used for cover as well as transportation!
Weapon Skin System
Players can select skins for each weapon
Weapon skin system UI
You can check details about the equipped skin using VIEW MORE button
How to equip weapon skins
You can use WEAPONS section in CUSTOMIZATION menu to equip the skin of your choice
The ways to acquire weapon skins
You can acquire weapon skins through “Raider crate” in STORE > CRATES.
- CUSTOMIZATION > GEAR tab has been added. Go here to equip parachute skins.
- Tooltips for weapon attachments have been edited to make them more intuitive.
- The Bengal Tiger skin is can now be bought in the STORE
We’ve introduced the new Crate System to PUBG Xbox, for more details, please see: https://forums.playbattlegrounds.com/topic/287714-xbox-10-walkthrough-g-coin-crate-system/
UI / UX
- With three maps now in the game, you’ll choose between two “playlists” instead of two maps.
- The Battle Royale playlist contains both Erangel and Miramar. Selecting it will randomly drop you into one of the two.
- The Mini Royale playlist contains only Sanhok for now.
- Select both playlists to be randomly dropped into one of the three maps currently in the game.
- Optimized loading high resolution textures on Xbox One OG.
- Optimized level streaming on Xbox One X
- Fixed an issue where some items weren’t able to be picked up.
- Fixed an issue where having more than one controller connected would:
- Lower the sensitivity after ADS
- Disallow driving vehicles
- Fixed an issue where frame would drop because of effects from destroyed vehicles/boats.
- Fixed an issue where the screen would be darkened in HDR on some monitors.
- Fixed an issue where the character would seem like it’s moving faster after certain steps near stair handrails.
- Fixed an issue where player was unable to navigate shotgun through attachments on S1897, S686.
The team also had some additional details to share about Custom Matches and the game’s War Mode.
“For a smooth and healthy matchmaking times for our new contents/features, we’ve decided push each of them live with a time gap (Sanhok → War Mode → Custom Match)”, the team writes. “This is to let everyone enjoy and delve into each contents with time. Also, it’s to let each contents have enough attention from our players, so players won’t be divided having a long matchmaking time for each content.”
“Sanhok is available beginning today, and we expect to begin offering War Mode as a weekend event in late September, with full Custom Match functionality to release in mid-October.”
PUBG is available now for Xbox One and PC.