PUBG’s Big PC Patch 12 Hits Testing, Adds a New Car, Weapon, Map Selection, and More
PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds has just dropped arguably its biggest update since the game’s full release back in December. PUBG PC update 12 is primarily focused on weapon rebalancing, but it also adds a new gun, badass muscle car, the ability to choose your map, and more! We’ll focus on the new goodies first – you can check out the new gun and set of wheels, below.
New Weapon: The SLR
The SLR will be spawned alongside normal world loot. It’s a DMR which uses 7.62mm ammo and contains 10 bullets per magazine (20 bullets when extended.) The SLR is more powerful than the SKS but has more recoil. Recoil control is key to using the SLR effectively.
- Duckbill: A new attachment for shotguns (S1897, S12K). It reduces the vertical pellet spread but increases horizontal bullet spread
- Attachable to S1897, S12K
- Light Grip: It reduces recoil recovery time but increases vertical and horizontal recoil
- Attachable to ARs, SMGs, DMRs (UMP9, AUG, M416, SCAR-L, SKS)
- Thumb Grip: Reduces vertical recoil but increases horizontal recoil. It also increases recoil recovery time
- Attachable to: ARs, SMGs, DMRs (UMP9, AUG, M416, SCAR-L, SKS)
- Half Grip: It reduces vertical and horizontal recoil and also reduces recoil recovery time
- Attachable to: ARs, SMGs, DMRs (UMP9, Vector, AUG, M416, SCAR-L, SKS)
- Scope 3x: This scope has fixed 3x magnification with an illuminated reticle. It’s discoverable as a common world-drop item
- Scope 6x: This scope has variable 3x–6x magnification. It’s discoverable as a rare world-drop item.
New Vehicle: The Mirado
PUBG gets The Mirado, a classic muscle car! A fast, four-seat sedan that’s limited to Miramar. It can be found around downtown areas and main city streets. Think of the Mirado as a compliment to the other unique vehicles on Miramar: The van is extremely sturdy, but slow and ineffective when taken off-road; The pickup is great for off-road travel; And the Mirado is the fastest way to blaze down a highway.
Let’s move on to weapon balance, shall we? PUBG Corp. have provided this handy chart to keep track of all the changes. Basically, pistols, SMGs, LMGs, and most DMRs are getting buffs, while ARs and the SKS have been nerfed slightly. Get the full rundown, below.
ARs – rebalanced ARs so none is the “objective” best—the power differential between each is now reduced, but each brings advantages to different situations.
SMGs – adjusted them to be more effective in short range combat
Shotguns – increased overall damage and effective range
- Increased the damage of the P92, P1911, P18C, R1895, and R45
- Increased limb shots modifier (shooting limbs now does more damage)
- Slightly decreased the damage of the S686 and S1897
- Reduced pellet spread by 25%
- Shotgun chokes can now be attached to the sawed-off
- Increased limb shots modifier
- Slightly increased the damage of the Micro UZI, UMP9, and Vector
- Decreased vertical recoil on all SMGs
- Decreased recoil and scope sway when moving in ADS (aiming down sights)
- Increased ADS transition speed
- Slightly decreased the damage of the M16A4, SCAR-L, AUG, and M416
- Increased reload time by 30% for the SCAR-L, M16A4, and M416
- Increased reload time by 10% for the AKM
- Increased vertical and horizontal recoil for all ARs except the AKM
- Decreased recoil recovery rate for all ARs
- Restricted big scopes (8x and up) for use with all ARs
- Added new recoil animations for all ARs
- Increased head, body, and limb shot modifier
- Decreased the damage of the SKS
- Slightly increased the damage of the VSS and Mini14
- Increased vertical and horizontal recoil for all DMRs
- Decreased the recoil recovery rate for all DMRs
- Added new recoil animations for all DMRs
- Slightly increased the damage of the DP28 and M249
- Restricted big scopes (8x and up) for use with LMGs (DP28, M249)
- Reduced crossbow reloading time from 4 seconds to 3.5 seconds
- Weapon sway has been adjusted for all weapons (slightly increased side-to-side movement). And sway is now more pronounced when holding your breath.
- Weapon sway when moving is now also reduced by the cheek pad attachment
- Cheek pads now help you recover from weapon sway more quickly after moving
- Increased explosion damage and added new hit effects and animations
- Previously, grenade damage was greatly dependent on fall damage (from the grenade’s knockback effect) rather than explosion. We’ve removed the grenade’s knockback effect for player characters and have adjusted it so that only explosion damage is applied when you’re struck by a grenade.
Weight changes (all throwables)
- Frag grenade: Increased from 12 to 18
- Molotov cocktail: Decreased from 18 to 16
- Smoke grenade: Decreased from 16 to 14
- Stun grenade: Decreased from 14 to 12
- We’ve slightly decreased the movement speed when holding SRs, LMGs (M249, DP28) and shotguns. Your equipped weapon affects both your sprinting speed and your running (normal movement) speed.
- We’ve removed the first shot delay when your character is not sprinting
- Chambering a new round in certain weapons (M24, Kar98k, S1897, etc.) no longer limits you to walking speed while aiming down sights
- The amount your camera shakes after being shot (“aim punch”) now depends on the amount of damage received
Other Item Balance
- Level three helmets now only spawn in care packages (and one is guaranteed to be in every care package)
- Both SR quickdraw magazines and SR extended quickdraw magazines now spawn only in care packages
- We’ve reduced the spawn rate for AR extended quickdraw magazines
- DMRs now use AR attachments (magazines, compensators, etc.) along with SR attachments
- Adrenaline syringes now spawn (rarely) alongside normal loot in the game world
- Adjusted the casting time of Adrenaline syringe from eight seconds to six seconds
The patch also includes the following additions/changes…
Map selection is now available.
- Pick just one map (Erangel or Miramar) on its own to guarantee you’ll play there
- If you select multiple maps, the game will randomly drop you into one of the selected maps
- As we discussed in the map selection announcement dev blog, we may revisit the design of this feature as additional maps are added. We’ll keep you updated if changes are made.
- We’ve also Improved the UI for team mode and perspective selection. As before, only the host can select these options.
- We’ve added an option to adjust vertical mouse sensitivity
- We’ve added an option to change the hotkey for reporting a player during killer spectating (R key)
We’ve made more improvements to Miramar:
- We’ve increased the size of the oasis and added more buildings nearby
- We’ve added extra farming points by placing small building sets near various cities and towns
- We’ve reduced the number of buildings in some city areas to cut down on excessive building density
- We’ve removed some excessive cover points (rocks, drums, boxes) inside various cities and towns
- We’ve added more objects like trees and rocks throughout the map to provide some additional options for cover in wide-open spaces.
- The interiors of certain buildings have been simplified
Phew! That’s a lot of changes! PC update 12 is currently available on the PUBG test server. No word yet on when the update will be available to the masses, but PUBG Corp. say they’ll be “taking the time to get it right.” PUBG is available on PC, Xbox One, and mobile, with all versions of the game following different update schedules.