Prepare for iOS 10.1.1 Jailbreak and Downgrade iOS 10.2 Right Away
iOS 10.1.1 jailbreak could possibility make an entrance very soon, it's advised for everyone to downgrade iOS 10.2 right away.
Apple Can Close the Signing Window at Any Time, It's Best to Downgrade iOS 10.2 Right Now to Prepare Yourself for iOS 10.1.1 Jailbreak
iOS 10.1.1 jailbreak exploits have been released which means we could see a public solution any time now. But as you can already tell, the jailbreak will work on iOS 10.1.1. This in turn means you should downgrade, or upgrade, to that firmware if you are sitting on top of either iOS 10.2, or something older.
Although we have a detailed iOS 10.2 downgrade guide posted here. But for the sake of your convenience, we will lay it down right here, once again, but tailor-made specifically for iOS 10.1.1.
Before you begin though, make sure you backup everything to either iTunes or iCloud since you will lose all your files after restoring via iTunes. Once you are all set, you can kick things off by downloading iOS 10.1.1 firmware file for your device from here. Save the file onto your desktop for easier access later.
1. Download and install iTunes if you haven't already then launch it.
2. Make sure you connect your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch to your PC or Mac using its USB cable.
3. iTunes will immediately detect your device and it will pop up in the top left hand corner. Click on it to open.
4. Now hold down the left SHIFT key (PC) or left Option key (Mac) and click on the Restore iPhone button. A new window will open up.
5. Select the iOS 10.1.1 firmware file you downloaded and placed on the desktop.
6. iTunes will now begin the restore process. It might take quite a bit of time, so just relax and sit tight.
Once the device is done restoring, you can use it as you normally would after that, setting it up the way you want. But remember, do not perform anything crazy that might end up crashing iOS 10.1.1. You have performed this restore in order to jailbreak later on. Therefore be extra careful as Apple might end up closing the signing window altogether, ceasing the downgrade process for everyone.
Last but not the least, if you are currently sitting on iOS 10.1.1, it's advised you perform a fresh restore using iTunes by following the steps above. Usually, a jailbreak does not play nicely with iOS updates that have been installed over the air. The clean restore method ensures things will go as smoothly as possible once the jailbreak arrives.
We will update our readers more if there is any development in the jailbreak world, so stay tuned. In the meantime, spread the downgrade love to your jailbreak companions as well.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter