Paradox Announces Age of Wonders: Planetfall, Imperator: Rome and Several Expansions
Paradox Interactive announced two brand new titles and a slew of expansions during this year's PDXCON in Stockholm.
To begin with, Age of Wonders: Planetfall from Triumph Studios (bought by Paradox ten months ago) is set to launch on PC and consoles in 2019 with a brand new sci-fi setting.
- Strategic Turn-Based Sci-Fi Combat - Perfect your combat strategy in intense turn-based battles that offer tactical challenges, a large cast of races, units with customizable weapons, and destructible environments.
- Discover a Rich Science Fiction World - Uncover the history of the fallen galactic empire as you explore lush landscapes, and experience the emergent story. Encounter NPC factions and rival houses, and discover hidden technologies that can strengthen your society and give you advantages over enemies.
- Planetary Empire Building - Create your own unique House, and build prosperous colonies through economic specializations of planetary sectors and governing doctrines.
- Multiple Paths to Victory - Achieve your end goals through conquest, diplomacy or doomsday technologies. Engrossing options with NPC factions and rival Houses won’t make the decisions easy!
The other new game is Imperator: Rome, a grand strategy title from Paradox Development Studio and Johan Andersson. Imperator: Rome is also due in 2019.
- Diverse Populations: Citizens, freemen, tribesmen and slaves - each population with its own culture and religion. Whether they fill your armies, fill your coffers or fill your colonies, keep an eye on their happiness - your success depends on their satisfaction.
- Character Management: A living world of characters with varying skills and traits that will change over time. They will lead your nation, govern your provinces and command your armies and fleets. We also introduce our new, more human-like character art.
- Battle Tactics: Choose your approach before battle to counter the stratagems of your foes.
- Military Traditions: Each culture has a unique way of waging war. Romans and Celts have different options available to them. Unlock unique bonuses, abilities and units.
- Different Government Types: Manage the Senate in a Republic, hold your court together in a monarchy, answer to the clans in a tribal system.
- Barbarians and Rebellions: Migrating barbarians may sack or settle your best land, while disloyal governors or generals can turn against you - taking their armies with them!
- Trade: Goods provide bonuses to their home province. Will you take advantage of stockpiles for local strength or trade excess goods to spread the wealth around?
- Provincial Improvement: Invest in buildings, roads and defenses to make your kingdom stronger and richer.
The publisher also announced four expansions (Europa Universalis IV: Dharma, Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury, Hearts of Iron IV: Man the Guns, Stellaris: Distant Stars) and Hearts of Iron Anniversary Edition.