OnePlus 6 and 6T Get MIUI 10-Based Android Pie Port
Thanks to the open source nature of Android, it isn’t uncommon to see AOSP-based builds for a variety of devices. However, it’s quite rare to see OEM ROMs ported to other devices. We don’t see a Samsung device running EMUI or a Pixel running ColourOS. Cross-posting ROMs between OEMs is a feat in itself, and today, Xiaomi’s OEM ROM MIUI has been successfully ported to OnePlus 6 and OnePlus 6T by an XDA Developers member. This MIUI 10 port is based on Xiaomi’s Android Pie build and it requires your OnePlus 6 or OnePlus 6T to have the OB8 or newer firmware installed before you can install it. Since this is a port, some features might work and others might not. Here is the list of bugs that the developer is aware of:
- NFC (Fix needs to be sideloaded separately)
- Stock flashlight toggle. Use a third-party flashlight app instead.
- Stock MIUI Camera doesn’t work so just use latest Google Camera or OxygenOS Camera.
- Mi Account (Themes, Wallpapers, Ringtones etc. work fine)
- Alert Slider
- Auto Rotation toggle will freeze your settings, so don’t touch it. If you accidentally change it, just change it again, and it will unfreeze your settings.
MIUI’s Always On Display works, themes, static/live wallpapers, and ringtones work. Also, full-screen gestures and Mi AI work as well. So if you’re a fan of MIUI 10 or just want to try it out on your OnePlus 6 or OnePlus 6T, you can sideload it on to your device. Bear in mind you’ll need a third-party recovery such as TWRP to get the job done. Download the ROM using this link, and NFC/Audio fix using this link. More details can be found in this thread. The port is not daily driver material by any means, as a lot of apps might not work as intended.
Source: XDA developers