NVIDIA Kepler GK-104 based Graphic Cards to Cost Around $299
It isn't known which specific Graphic Card based on the 28nm die is being mentioned here. It could be the GTX560Ti Replacement (GTX660Ti) which is rumored to come with 640-768 Shader Units (Cuda Cores), 80-96 texture units (TMUs), Memory interface would most likely remain 1.5-2GB GDDR5 ~ 256- 384-bit, TDP-225W and would most likely outperform the GeForce GTX580. But will Nvidia actually release a GPU which costs less and at the same time performs faster than the its current flagship GPU? Only time will tell.
- Gk100/Gk112 : Flagship Single Core GPU, 1024 Cuda Cores, Supports PCI Express Gen.3 -
- Gk110 : Dual Chip GK104 × 2, supports PCI Express Gen.3
- Gk104 : Performance GPU, supports PCI Express Gen.3
- Gk106 : Mainstream GPU, supports PCI Express Gen.3
- Gk107 : Entry GPU , supports PCI Express Gen.2
A faster GPU could also be based on the GK-104 chip called the GTX680, This GPU would pack a 2GB memory and a 780Mhz Core clock. This part could $399+, Then come the GK-112 based Flagship Single and GK-110 based Dual Chip cards. Little is known about these two except that the Dual chip is going to feature 2xGK-104's and would come around 2H 2012 and same date goes for GK-110. The GK-104 is expected to show itself around Q1 2012.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter