Developer Bluehole is currently rolling out 1.0 Xbox PUBG Update 3 which adds the new supply system, official Joker and Harley Quinn skins, custom matches, and more.
Alongside the implementation of the new patch, the PUBG Xbox development is conducting maintenance on the game’s servers, which are expected to be back up around 11:00AM CET/2:00 AM PST.
The official release notes for this new update can be found below:
- Added Supply System
- Earn XP through play time and completing missions to level-up and obtain rewards.
- Each 10 levels you will receive a permanent reward.
- Every level-up on the way to each permanent reward will grant you BP and also a chance to receive an additional permanent reward.
- You can level up and get rewards when you fill the Survival gauge with survival XP
- You must click “Claim” to receive the completed mission XP
- Observing teammates grants 50% less XP than while alive
Skin & Items
- Added a MAKE UP tab in the APPEARANCE category.
- The APPEARANCE category has been added to the store, where you can purchase additional Hair and Make-up options.
- Changing APPEARANCE such as face, hair and/or gender will not cost BP (some paid items for face and make-up are excluded from this).
Officially licensed Joker and Harley Quinn Skins
- Harley Quinn
- “Daddy’s Lil Monster” outfit
- “Good Night” baseball bat skins for the crowbar and machete
- The Joker’s
- “Night Club Suit” outfit
- Each bundle includes new paid hair and makeup options as well to complete the look of these two iconic characters.
Custom matches have been added and custom match creation is available for all players.
Known issue: You may experience short instances of hitching in the custom match lobby when assigning or moving teams.
- Custom match list can now be viewed after selecting custom match game mode.
- Normal mode: Classic battle royale rules—be the last person (or team) standing
- War Mode: Team deathmatch with respawns. The team with the most points (kills and knocks) wins.
After selecting your preferred game mode, custom matches can now be created using presets.
Each game mode currently has a default preset and one additional preset available.
War Mode includes the Desert Knights preset.
Normal Mode includes Sanhok Forty Fivers preset.
- RULES: Set number of players, team size.
- BASIC: Set game mode, password, map, weather, etc.
- After creating the match, the settings can be adjusted using the options in the BASIC and RULES menus.
- Normal Mode includes the Sanhok Forty Fivers preset.
Things to keep in mind when creating custom matches:
At least 10 players are required to start the match.
You can keep the game in a waiting room for up to two hours.
- Optimized texture streaming to reduce hitching
- Fixed a bug where upon completing a match in Training Mode, you would receive two wins that counted towards Game Hub stats
PUBG is available globally for both Xbox One and PC. Recent rumors suggest that the battle royale might also be arriving on PlayStation 4.