New PUBG Xbox One Update #5 Offers Performance and Gameplay Improvements; Next Patch to Fix Weapon Switching
A new PUBG Xbox One update has been deployed that offers additional performance and gameplay improvements, including more control options.
While patch number four for Microsoft’s was rolled out last week, a new update has already been deployed by the PUBG Xbox One development team, which should further optimize the game.
“We are pushing a fix for an in-game issue that was undermining the core experience for some players”, community coordinator PUBG_RoboDanjal wrote. “As part of that update, we have decided to include some additional performance and gameplay improvements, as well as a new controller option.”
We’ve included the full release notes for PUBG preview update #5 down below:
- Pistols have been removed from Y button's weapon rotation and grouped with the melee weapon.
- Players can now equip pistols by pressing 'up' on the D pad.
- Continued improvements related to player “rubber banding”.
- Enhanced server performance while parachuting.
Added a new controller preset to options menu.
- Type B (new preset) now supports:
- Holding LT to aim down sight.
- Holding LB to use 3rd person perspective aim sight.
- Controller guide has been updated to include the new controller preset.
- Fixed an issue where players repositioned out of the battleground after certain actions and remained invulnerable until the end of the match.
- Additional memory and non-memory related crash fixes.
- Fixed the inability to join duo/squad through invites outside of game.
The team also provided some additional details about issues that will be addressed in the next update on Xbox One:
Known issues to be addressed next patch:
- Dropping objects causes the player to switch weapons.
- User is unable to switch grenade types when tapping right on the D-Pad.
PUBG is available now for both Xbox One and PC. As covered last week, in less than 3 weeks after its release on Microsoft’s console, PUBG already surpassed 3 million players.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter