Install UBUFND2 Android 4.4.2 Official Update on Galaxy S4 i9500
Samsung has released the latest UBUFND2 Android 4.4.2 KitKat for Samsung Galaxy S4 i9500 in the Argentinian region. If you want to install UBUFND2 Android 4.4.2 on Galaxy S4 i9500, you can do it via OTA or follow this guide to manually update. This build has been released reportedly to only limited users; however, you can install it on any international SGS4 i9500.
UBUFND2 Android 4.4.2 details:
Model name: GALAXY S4
Country: Argentina (Personal)
Version: Android 4.4.2
Build date: Fri, 04 Apr 2014 12:44:05 +0000
Product Code: PSN
Prerequisites to install UBUFND2 Android 4.4.2 on Galaxy S4 i9500 official:
- Download and install USB drivers for SGS4 in your computer.
- Make sure to take backup of any important files on your smartphone.
- Enable USB debugging option by pressing Menu > Settings > Applications. Navigate and tap on Developer Options to ensure that USB Debugging is enabled.
- Ensure that your Samsung Galaxy S4 i9500 carries more than 70% of charge.
How to install UBUFND2 Android 4.4.2 on Galaxy S4 i9500 official firmware:
- Install Odin on your computer.
- Switch your Samsung Galaxy S4 off and boot it in Download mode: press and hold Volume Down, Power and Home buttons together. When connected successfully, you will get a message in Odin saying Added!!. (In case you don’t get it, try another USB port. If that doesn't help either, then re-install USB drivers).
- In Odin make sure that the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time check boxes are the only options checked and nothing else is.
- On your Odin, select files:
- Click on AP / PDA and select file with CODE in its name.
- Click on CP/Phone and select file with MODEM in its name - ignore if you didn't get any such file.
- Click on CSC and select file with CSC in its name - ignore if you didn't get any such file.
- Click on PIT and select the .pit file - ignore if you didn't get any such file.
- When official update installation is successfully completed, on Odin ID:COM will turn green and Odin will show you a PASS message.
- Samsung Galaxy S4 I9500 will restart automatically and you can then disconnect your device from computer.
Note: In case your device gets stuck at boot screen after installation of official firmware, perform data wiping tasks: turn off S4 and reboot it into recovery mode. In recovery, select the wipe data/factory reset. Go back and reboot your smartphone.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter