Samsung Galaxy Note 4 has just received a new Android 5.0.1 Lollipop official update from Verizon. Follow this post for more details and the flashing guide.
The latest Android 5.0.1 update for Note 4 brings bug fixes and regular under the hood performance improvements. Only a step more to Android 5.1.1 (which you can experience with our custom ROMs), flash N910VVRU2BOF1 Android 5.0.1 on your Samsung Galaxy Note 4 to get some lollipop love. Following are some of the details of this latest firmware for Note 4 and the complete guide to update Note 4 to N910VVRU2BOF1 Android 5.0.1 Lollipop manually.
Model name GALAXY Note 4
Country USA (Verizon)
Version Android 5.0.1
Product code VZW
Before you update Galaxy Note 4 to Android 5.0.1 N910VVRU2BOF1:
Please check these prerequisites before going forward to the update guide.
- Download and install USB drivers for Galaxy Note 4 in your computer.
- Make sure to take backup of any important files on your smartphone.
- Enable USB debugging option by pressing Menu > Settings > Applications. Navigate and tap on Developer Options to ensure that USB Debugging is enabled.
- Ensure that your Samsung Galaxy Note 4 carries more than 70% of charge.
Steps to update Galaxy Note 4 to Android 5.0.1 N910VVRU2BOF1:
Here are the steps to update Galaxy Note 4 to Android 5.0.1 VRU2BOF1:
- Unzip Odin on your computer and install it.
- Unzip firmware zip file in the same folder as Odin.
- Switch your Samsung Galaxy Note 4 off and boot it in Download mode: press and hold Volume Down, Power and Home buttons together.
- Launch Odin on your PC.
- Connect your smartphone with computer. When connected successfully, you will get a message in Odin saying Added!! If you don't receive this message, try a different port or re-install the drivers.
- On your Odin, select files:
- Click on AP / PDA and select the N910VVRU2BOF1 tar.md5 file.
- Make sure to uncheck Re-Partition.
- Click on Start to initiate the update process.
- When Android 5.0.1 update installation is successfully completed, you will get a PASS message on Odin and your Note 4 will reboot.
- Once you see the home screen, you can disconnect your Samsung Galaxy Note 4.
Enjoy the latest build of Lollipop on your beautiful Galaxy Note 4.