HTC Nexus Marlin Image Shows Up And Its Reported To Take Several Attributes From Nexus 6P
The very first image of the upcoming HTC Nexus Marlin has shown up and it appears that there are going to be similarities between this smartphone and the 2015 Nexus 6P.
HTC Nexus Marlin Could Feature The Same Camera Sensor As A Nexus 6P
According to Techdroider, there is a no camera hump in the upcoming HTC Nexus Marlin, which suggests that the remaining portion of the smartphone could be covered with battery, which is the right thing to do. The source also claims that the 5.5-inch handset could have the same battery as a Nexus 6P, which is a 3,450mAh cell, along with the same 12.3MP camera sensor that boasts a large pixel size, and the ability to record 4K videos and slow-mo videos. We will be taking these features with a grain of salt, but the image does state that the device is going to be running Android N ‘out of the box’ and will provide support for the Vulkan API.
As far as the remaining hardware of the upcoming HTC Nexus Marlin goes, Qualcomm announced its Snapdragon 821 very recently, thus confirming that Snapdragon 820 does have a successor that is going to be present in mobile devices during the 2016 Calendar year. Now the question is, which Nexus smartphone is going to come packing it? Not long ago, there was a rumor circulating suggesting that Huawei Nexus could feature a Snapdragon 820, but seeing as how there are already two Nexus handsets being prepped by HTC, it would be fitting if the Chinese manufacturer would incorporate something more powerful in its upcoming offering.
If you wanted to know the differences between Snapdragon 821 and Snapdragon 820, they have been listed below:
- CPU performance cluster: 2 x Kryo running at 2.2GHz
- CPU power efficiency cluster: 2 x Kryo running at 1.6GHz
- GPU: Adreno 530 running at 624MHz
- CPU performance cluster: 2 x Kryo running at 2.4GHz
- CPU power efficiency cluster: 2 x Kryo running at 2.0GHz
- GPU: Adreno 530 running at 650+MHz
HTC is also said to announce its Sailfish handset alongside the 5.5-inch powerhouse, and here are its leaked specifications.
- 5-inch 1080p display (No details on display type, but we have a hunch it’s going to be an AMOLED display)
- Quad-core 2.0GHz 64-bit processor (Chipset model currently known, but its most likely going to be a Snapdragon 820)
- 4GB RAM
- 2770mAh battery
- 32GB storage (Could possibly be higher storage models announced for varied price tags)
- 12MP rear camera, 8MP front (12MP rear camera could possibly have 4K video recording capabilities as well as slow-mo video recording features)
- Rear-mounted fingerprint scanner
- USB-C port
- Bottom-firing speaker or speakers
- Top-mounted headphone jack
- Bluetooth 4.2 module
As stated before, take this information with a grain of salt till we have concrete evidence regarding the internals of both smartphones.