How to Check Your RAM Details on Windows 11 Systems
RAM is an essential part of your computer system, and it determines the performance of your system. At some point, you may need to increase your RAM. Then you need to determine what sort of RAM you already have. If you are curious about your RAM and wish to learn more about it, look no further. This tutorial will address this and show you how to check your RAM details on Windows 11 systems.
RAM Details Windows 11
One of the simplest ways to check your RAM is in the About section in the Settings app. Just follow the steps below:
Step-1: Click on the Windows icon on the taskbar and select the Settings cog. (You can also open the Settings app using the shortcut keys Win + I).
Step-2: Select the System option from the left pane.
Step-3: Scroll down in the right pane and click on About.
Step-4: In the Device Specifications section in the left pane, you will see Installed RAM.
RAM Type and Speed
You can also check your RAM type and speed in Task Manager:
- Right-click on the Windows icon on the taskbar to get the WinX menu. (You can also use the shortcut keys Win + X).
- Select Task Manager.
- If you see the following window, click on the More details option at the bottom of the window. If you see an expanded version directly, skip this step.
- Click on the Performance tab.
- Click on the Memory option on the left.
- You will see the RAM capacity at the top corner of the Memory window.
- You will also be able to see the Speed at the bottom of the Memory window.
Utilities for Diagnostics
The previous methods mentioned utilized in-built Windows features to check your RAM details. However, some utilities do a much better job at monitoring and diagnosing your system information. Some of the utilities that you can use include HWinfo, CPUz, AIDA64. You can use any of these utilities. However, in this tutorial, I will show you how you can use HWinfo, for checking your RAM details.
- Open this link and click on Free Download.
- Hover your cursor on the Free Download option for the Installer. When you hover over the option, you will get new options. Click on Local (U.S).
- Once the download is complete, open the downloaded file.
- You will be asked, do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device? Click Yes.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to finish the installation.
- Click Run when you see the following window.
- A System Summary will open, and you will see a ton of information regarding your system. Since, for this tutorial, we wish to see RAM details, close the System Summary.
- Click on Memory from the left pane, and you will see RAM speed, size, and other diagnostics.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter