How to Bring Back Missing “Open with” in Windows 10
Windows 10 is proving to be a huge achievement for Microsoft as the operating system experiences consistent growth among users. While the adoption rate is strong and steady, both for Windows 10 Home and Enterprise, it doesn't mean there aren't any issues. Folks at Microsoft are working to patch things up and introduce enhanced and improved features. This year has also seen an accelerated number of test builds being released to the members of Windows Insider program.
All advancements aside, Windows 10 is definitely experiencing small misses here and there. One of these misses is the fact that some users are reporting the absence of "Open with" option that appears in the right-click context menu. If you too are wondering where did the helpful little "Open with" disappeared to, here is how to easily get it back in the right-click menu.
How to get the missing "Open with" option in the right-click menu:
We keep sharing with our readers helpful guides, tutorials and Windows 10 tips and tricks as we spot them over the interwebs. Thanks to BetaNews, we now know how to bring back the "Open with" option in your Windows 10 computer. If you are facing a different problem or know a fix to any issue that you think fellow Windows 10 users will be interested in, don't forget to share with us in the comments.
Here is how you can bring back the missing Open with option in Windows 10:
- Open Notepad.
- Create a .REG file by typing the following in the Notepad:
- Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
- Save the document: click on File > Save As > choose All Files and type Openwith.reg.
- Click on OK to confirm it.
- Once you have created the .REG file using the Notepad, all you need to do now is to add it to the registry:
- Search your new Openwith.reg file from where you saved it on your computer.
- Double click the file to add it to the registry.
Let us know if this fix brought back the missing Open with option in Windows 10 for you.