Ghost Recon Wildlands is Getting a New PvE Mission, PvP Content, and Photo Mode Next Week
Ghost Recon Wildlands‘ Special Operations 3 update arrives next week for Year 2 Pass owners. Like past Special Operations, Ubisoft is promising the usual PvE mission, PvP additions, and standard array of cosmetic items, as well as a new Photo Mode.
Special Operations 3 is part of Ghost Recon Wildlands’ Year 2 content, which consists of four free batches of stuff. Previous updates featured crossovers with other Ubisoft franchises – Special Operations 1 featured Sam Fisher of Splinter Cell fame, and Special Operations 2 was Rainbow Six Siege themed. Will Special Operations 3 also feature some sort of crossover? Ubisoft hasn’t revealed anything yet, but it’s possible, as we don’t have a trailer or any assets for this Operation just yet. Here's a full rundown of Special Operations 3's content:
Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Wildlands’ third free major update for the second year of post-launch conten, Special Operation 3, will contain a brand-new PvE mission, new PvP maps and classes, a new Photo Mode, as well as improvements to the Prestige Economy based on community feedback.
- PvE Mission and Rewards: Special Operation 3 will contain a free PvE mission and other rewards.
- PvP Classes + Maps: Two Ghost War classes inspired by the Special Operation 3 theme will join the fight. We will also have two new maps for you to test their kits on.
- Photo Mode: Capture your epic moments and the beautiful scenery of the Wildlands with our new Photo Mode feature.
- Prestige Economy: Based on community feedback, we will be implementing further updates to the Prestige Economy that build upon the changes from Special Operation 2. We’ll have more information coming soon.
- New Customization Items: More than 90 new items will be added to the store, including a new pack related to the theme.
Most of the Special Operations 3 content (with the exception of cosmetic stuff) is free, although Year 2 Pass owners will have one-week early access. Year 2 Pass owners also get access to one exclusive customization pack. The Year 2 Pass costs $25.
Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Wildlands is available on PC, Xbox One, and PS4. Special Operations 3 will be available on December 11 for Year 2 Pass owners, and December 18 for everybody else.