Android Today: Moto Z2 Force Starts Receiving Android 8.0 Update at T-Mobile, Galaxy S8 and S8+ Get Fifth Android 8.0 Oreo Beta, Nokia 2 To Be Updated Directly To Android 8.1 Oreo
It's raining Oreo updates for Android phones, another one to join Oreo party is T-Mobile's Moto Z2 Force. T-Mobile is not the first carrier to roll out Oreo update for the Z2 Force, it received upgrade on Verizon. Other carriers like AT&T and Sprint are expected to roll out updates soon.
For now, the update is reaching a small chunk of T-Mobile users on Moto Z2 Force, it will see a broader rollout in the coming few days. As expected, the Oreo update brings features such as enhanced notifications system, picture-in-picture mode, smart text selection, and more. It comes with a build number OCX27.
The update is big in size so make sure that you are on a stable WiFi connection before downloading the update. Also, make sure that you have sufficient internal storage on your Z2 Force.
Galaxy S8 and S8+ Get Fifth Android 8.0 Oreo Beta
Samsung Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ are inching closer to the final Oreo update as the company today released another beta build for the devices that address a variety of bugs that were in previous builds.
However, the update does not remove or bring any new feature on board. The fifth beta build is around 615MB in size and currently available for the Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ users enroled in the beta program.
Here's a list of bug fixes with the fifth beta build:
- Profile sharing won't enable and keeps saying check network;
- Home screen does not fit screen properly;
- Phone restarting while using the camera;
- Smart view doesn't seem to see LG TV;
- YouTube app crashes phone causing it to restart;
- Always on Display side clock and info no longer fits the home screen;
- After connecting phone to USB and via Bluetooth at car and phone crashes;
- Message app does not respond properly; it always hangs on exit;
- Use a black theme, text cannot display complete;
- Every time you hang up the phone, popup “Call ANR;”
- Device restarted after calling on recent calls;
- Galaxy Apps occurs unknown vibrations;
- Video plays fast after connecting HDMI cable;
- S finder run when push volume key on app tray;
- Settings force closes when removing all registered fingerprints;
- Samsung Account force closes whenever back up secure folder;
- Bixby briefing doesn't work.
Nokia 2 To Be Updated Directly To Android 8.1 Oreo
Nokia is on a roll these days when it comes to providing timely updates to its smartphones. In its latest stint, Nokia is rolling out Android 8.1 update to its entry-level Nokia 2 smartphone. Earlier, there was speculation regarding Oreo software on the Nokia 2 and Nokia 3 as they don't come with hardware that is ideal for handling Oreo features.
Thanks to Android Go, Nokia 2 has been treated with Oreo update. According to HMD Global's Juho Sarvikas, Android 8.1 update for the Nokia 2 will include many of Android Go management enhancements, which will help in the smooth performance of the device.
For now, the company has not revealed a timeline for the update to be rolled out to the Nokia 2. Of course, that would take some time as the company will first release official Oreo update for Nokia 5 and Nokia 6.