Update Galaxy S6 Edge to G925R4TYU2BOG9 Android 5.1.1 Official Firmware
Android 5.1.1 Lollipop is now being seeded out to Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge devices from US Cellular. As usual, it is being rolled out in multiple phases which means not everyone is going to receive it at the same time. If you are an advanced user, follow this guide for files and steps to flash G925R4TYU2BOG9 Android 5.1.1 official firmware update on your Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge.
G925R4TYU2BOG9 Android 5.1.1 Lollipop details:
Model name GALAXY S6 Edge
Version Android 5.1.1
Build date Thu, 30 Jul 2015 10:59:47 +0000
Product code USC
Prerequisites to update Galaxy S6 G925R4 to G925R4TYU2BOG9 Android 5.1.1 Lollipop:
Please check these prerequisites before going forward to the update guide.
- Download and install USB drivers for Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge in your computer.
- Make sure to take backup of any important files on your smartphone.
- Enable USB debugging option by pressing Menu > Settings > Applications. Navigate and tap on Developer Options to ensure that USB Debugging is enabled.
- Ensure that your Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge carries more than 60% of charge.
How to flash G925R4TYU2BOG9 Android 5.1.1 Lollipop on US Cellular Galaxy S6 Edge:
Required files: download G925R4TYU2BOG9 Android 5.1.1 for Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge. Extract it to get. tar.md5 file. Also, download Odin3 v3.10.6 for installation from here.
Following are the steps to update US Cellular Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge to G925R4TYU2BOG9 Android 5.1.1 Lollipop official firmware:
- Unzip Odin on your computer and install it.
- Unzip firmware zip file in the same folder as Odin.
- Switch your Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge off and boot it in Download mode: press and hold Volume Down, Power and Home buttons together. OR, check how to enter Galaxy S6 Download Mode.
- Connect your smartphone with a computer. When connected successfully, you will get a message in Odin saying Added!!. (In case you don’t get it, try another USB port. If that doesn't help either, then re-install USB drivers).
- On your Odin, click on AP and load the. tar.md5 firmware file.
- Make sure Re-Partition is disabled.
- Click on Start to initiate the update process.
- When Android 5.1.1 update installation is successfully completed, you will get a PASS message.
- Once your smartphone is rebooted and you get the PASS message, you can disconnect your Galaxy S6 Edge.
Enjoy the latest improvements and bug fixes on your US Cellular Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter