How to Force-Start Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge – Android Tips & Tricks
Samsung no longer offers removable batteries with its Galaxy S flagship models. While you used to remove the battery to force start the Galaxy S lineup when unresponsive, you can no longer do the same with S6 duo. Following are a few ways to force start Galaxy S6 or Galaxy S6 Edge when they become unresponsive.
How to force start Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge:
If your Galaxy S6 or S6 Edge gets unresponsive or is stuck when trying to update an app or use some features of the device, here are a few ways you can force restart your Galaxy S6 gadget.
1- Long press the Power button for a few seconds. Follow the on-screen instructions.
2- Press and hold the Power button until your Galaxy S6 or S6 Edge restarts.
3- To force restart Galaxy S6 or S6 Edge, long press the Power and Volume keys for 7 seconds.
None of the above methods seems to get your Galaxy S6 back to responsiveness? Well, here are some additional ways to force start Galaxy S6 or S6 Edge.
- Long press Power button for 20 seconds or more.
- Press and hold the Volume Up key for a few seconds, then hold the Power button (don't release the Volume Up key) until screen displays something.
- Long press Volume Up button for a few seconds, press and hold the Power and Home keys (don't release Volume Up) and see if this force starts your Galaxy S6.
- Press and hold Volume Down key for a few seconds and then press and hold Power button ( (don't release the Volume Down key) until your screen wakes up.
- Long press Volume up + Volume down + Power buttons until the screen displays something.
- Press and hold Volume Down + Power + Home keys simultaneously. You might see a "download mode" in which case simply long press the Power key to get back to the normal mode.
We hope that at least one of the above methods helps you to force start Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge. If nothing works, it's time to get some technical help for your Samsung smartphone.