Diablo 2 Resurrected and various other DLSS-supported games can now use FSR 2.0 by implementing the Cyberpunk 2077 FSR 2.0 mod.
After AMD released the source code for its FidelityFX Super Resolution upscaling tech last month, modders were quick to replace DLSS with FSR 2.0 in Cyberpunk 2077. Shortly after that, modders also successfully enabled players to use AMD’s upscaling tech in other popular titles, including Dying Light 2, Guardians of the Galaxy, Red Dead Redemption 2, and Metro Exodus.
As it turns out, the mod also works in Diablo 2 Resurrected by making minor changes. Hypothetically, this could mean that all DLSS-supported games could make use of FSR 2.0 by using the above-mentioned mod and changing the source code. Down below, you’ll find the instructions as provided by Reddit user’ xyGvot’. You can find some quality comparisons here.
“For merely “academic purposes”, in the images above I’m using DXVK+VKD3D and spoofing the GPU to an RTX 3080 so that it shows the DLSS option in the game menu”, ‘xyGvot’ writes on Reddit. “I have a 1070ti and running the game on Win10.”
“If you have an NVIDIA GPU and are running DX12, GPU spoofing is unnecessary. Can’t test for AMD, but spoofing an AMD GPU doesn’t show the DLSS option in the menu, but if you have previously set DLSS to something other than Off, FSR 2.0 still works, go figure!”
- put the mod's files (dlland nvngx.ini) in DR2's root folder
- run reg
- open ini
- change DepthInverted=autoto DepthInverted=false
- change Method=autoto Method=config just to be safe
If you happen to have an AMD GPU, theoretically, you additionally have to:
- download DXVK
- copy dlland d3d11.dll from the x64 folder to D2R's root
- download VKD3D
- copy dllfrom the x64 folder to D2R's root
- create a text file in D2R's root named dxvk
- add the following lines:
- dxgi.customDeviceId = 0x222F
- dxgi.customVendorId = 0x10de
- dxgi.nvapiHack = False
- change the file extension to .conf so that you end up with dxvk.conf
Quite interesting for sure. Did this trick work for you? What is your experience with replacing DLSS with FSR 2.0? Hit the comments down below.