Flash XXUGNE8 Android 4.4.2 Official Firmware on Samsung Galaxy S4 i9505 – How to
Samsung has rolled out KitKat update to major devices including Samsung Galaxy S4 i9505. You can flash XXUGNE8 Android 4.4.2 on Galaxy S4 i9505 via over the air or Samsung KIES. XXUGNE8 Android 4.4.2 KitKat brings in Knox 2.0 security framework and various fixes and usual improvements. Here is the guide to help you manually flash XXUGNE8 Android 4.4.2 on Galaxy S4 i9505.
XXUGNE8 Android 4.4.2 KitKat details:
Model name: GALAXY S4 LTE
Country: Greece (Vodafone)
Version: Android 4.4.2
Build date: Wed, 21 May 2014 12:47:18 +0000
Product Code: VGR
Prerequisites to flash XXUGNE8 Android 4.4.2 on Galaxy S4 i9505:
- Create a backup of all important data in your Galaxy device.
- Download and install USB drivers for Samsung Galaxy S4 in your computer.
- Enable USB debugging option by pressing Menu > Settings > Applications. Navigate and tap on Developer Options to ensure that USB Debugging is enabled.
- Ensure that your Samsung Galaxy S4 I9505 carries more than 80% of charge.
– Popular Android 4.4 KitKat based custom ROMs
Note: This is an official Android 4.4.2 KitKat update for Samsung Galaxy S4 i9505. After using this guide to install XXUGNE8 Android 4.4.2 on Galaxy S4 i9505, you will lose the root on your device. To get the root back, check this guide to root Galaxy S4 LTE i9505 on XXUGNE8.
Flash XXUGNE8 Android 4.4.2 on Galaxy S4:
Files required: download the Android 4.4.2 I9505XXUGNE8 KitKat firmware from this link. Also download the Odin3 v3.09 for installation from here. Unzip Odin; and unzip the leaked firmware file inside the same folder as Odin.
- Install Odin on your PC and launch it.
- Switch your Samsung Galaxy S4 off and boot it in Download mode: press and hold Volume Down, Power and Home buttons together.
- Connect your SGS4 via a USB cable; when connected successfully, you will get a message in Odin saying Added!!. (In case you don’t get it, try another USB port. If that doesn’t help either, then re-install USB drivers).
- From that window, locate the leaked XXUGNE8 files to AP, BL, CP, and CSC – except AP, ignore others if you don’t get any such file.
- Once selected, click on Start button to initiate the flashing process.
- When update installation is successfully completed, on Odin ID:COM will turn green and Odin will show you a PASS message.
- Samsung Galaxy S4 I9505 will then restart and you can then disconnect your device from computer.