Root Samsung Galaxy S4 on XXUGNE8 Android 4.4.2 KitKat – How to
If you have updated your Samsung Galaxy S4 i9505 to the latest official XXUGNE8 Android 4.4.2 KitKat, here is the guide to help you with rooting process. You can check this tutorial if you wish to update Galaxy S4 i9505 on latest official XXUGNE8 Android 4.4.2 KitKat official update.
This guide with help you to root Galaxy S4 on XXUGNE8 Android 4.4.2 KitKat once you are on the latest KitKat.
Prerequisites to root Galaxy S4 on XXUGNE8 Android 4.4.2:
- Create a backup of all important data in your Galaxy device.
- Download and install USB drivers for Samsung Galaxy S4 in your computer.
- Enable USB debugging option by pressing Menu > Settings > Applications. Navigate and tap on Developer Options to ensure that USB Debugging is enabled.
- Ensure that your Samsung Galaxy S4 I9505 carries more than 80% of charge.
Root Galaxy S4 on XXUGNE8 Android 4.4.2:
- Install Odin on your PC and launch it.
- Switch your Samsung Galaxy S4 off and boot it in Download mode: press and hold Volume Down, Power and Home buttons together.
- Connect your SGS4 via a USB cable; when connected successfully, one of the ID:COM boxes will turn yellow with the COM port number – in case this doesn’t help you, re-install USB drivers.
- From that window, click on PDA and locate the root package to root Galaxy S4 i9505 on XXUFNC6.
- Check the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options in ODIN, and click on Start button to initiate the root process.
- When root installation is successfully completed, Galaxy S4 will reboot into Recovery Mode and start flashing the root files; Odin ID:COM will turn green.
- When you see the home screen, unplug your Samsung Galaxy S4 I9505.