Fix Failed to Fetch error in Cydia – iOS 7
Many users who have jailbroken their iOS 7 powered devices with Evasi0n7 have encountered the server overload issues giving the Failed to Fetch error on Cydia for iOS 7. Cydia consists of plenty of arbitrary repositories and seems to give this problem whenever a package refresh is requested.
As of today Cydia for iOS 7 is throwing a "Failed to Fetch HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found" error that is being caused by the Ultrasn0w repository. This tutorial will show you in simple steps on how to fix the Failed to Fetch Cydia issues which are not only restricted to the one mentioned above. This tip will help you in solving almost all the repos related problems with Cydia.
How to fix Failed to Fetch error in Cydia?
Failed to Fetch error in Cydia iOS 7 occurs because of repositories that either have gone down or are suffering connectivity issues. You can fix this issue by removing the problematic repos from the Sources. We will show you with removing the most common repository that is being the root cause of the Failed to Fetch error in Cydia. However, you can follow the same procedure for any other repos too.
Here is how you can fix "Failed to Fetch" error in Cydia:
- Launch Cydia.
- Select Manage from the bottom tab and select Sources from the list that comes up.
- You will now get a list of installation repositories and it will feature BigBoss, Cydia/Telesphoreo, Dev Team, ModyMyi and ZodTTD & MacCiti, if it is a default installation.
- The Failed to Fetch error in Cydia is being caused by the Dev Team repository. This repository hosts Ultrasn0w software unlock package.
- Tap on Edit on the top right corner.
- A new Delete option will appear on the right; click it remove the repository.
- Refresh Cydia.
You can now see that error have now been removed from log. Don't be conscious as deleting Ultrasn0w won't cause any issues unless you have to reply on a software based device unlock. However, no need to worry as you can add it to the list any time following these tips:
- Simply go to Manage > Sources and tap on Add.
- Enter this URL http://repo666.ultrasn0w.com and ta da!
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter