Final Fantasy XV September Update Now Out; Adds New Story Content
Just recently, Final Fantasy XV director Hajime Tabata confirmed that more story content will be coming to the game in the future, and it seems like the man and his team are going to keep that promise even sooner than expected.
A new Final Fantasy XV update has been released recently on both PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, adding some new cutscenes to Chapter 12.
— Final Fantasy XV (@FFXVEN) September 29, 2017
If you just want to check out the new content without replaying the whole chapter, you can check them out in the video below.
In the latest Final Fantasy XV ATR, Hajime Tabata also talked about the soon to release COMRADES multiplayer expansion.
- COMRADES will offer 2 modes, multiplayer and singleplayer content. In multiplayer you can play with bots. Singleplayer, you will be set in Lestallum and you will be able to enjoy it as a RPG-like game.
- The story is set when Noctis is missing and you will play as a Glaive during this time.
- Set in the World of Darkness, your goal is to collect meteor shard to power up power stations to provide electricity to other areas. You progress as you connect the power line and as you do so, you also unlock perks for your character.
- By completing quests, you can get items to upgrade your weapons. This aspect is a lot more expanded than the main game.
- You can rescue NPC’s and have them settle in the town. You can also set an NPC to be the leader of the town, with each NPC Leader providing different perks.
- Sigils of the Kings – will provide different perks and give each player a certain role. Example, tanks and healers. Each Sigil will also provide different skills, such as ”Jump”, ”Airstep”, ”Taunt” and ”Barrier”.
- You can communicate by a variety of preset phrases or voice chat.
- Sigils can be unlocked through the story.
- A special skill ”Cheer” temporarily increase the parties powers.
- The demo was located in the abandoned Chocobo Post.
Final Fantasy XV is now out on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter