How to Download and Flash Android 5.0 Lollipop on Nexus 4, 5, 7, and 10
Android 5.0 Lollipop factory images are finally out for Nexus 4, 5, 7, and 10 helping users get the latest Android OS without waiting more for the OTA updates. Here are the Android 5.0 Lollipop factory images for your Nexus devices. Supported Nexus devices include:
If you own one these above devices then you don’t have to wait anymore for the sweet treat of Lollipop. Here is how you can download and install Android 5.0 Lollipop on your Nexus devices.
Download and install Android 5.0 Lollipop:
Prerequisites before you install Android Lollipop:
- You should install and configure Nexus USB drivers on your Windows PC.
- Enable USB Debugging mode from Settings > Development menu.
- Your PC should be setup with ADB.
- Nexus should have an unlocked bootloader (explained in this guide).
- Most importantly, create a complete back up of your Nexus device.
Important note: we do not recommend you to proceed with this guide if you are not an expert Android user or have no experience of flashing or rooting devices. Please wait for official OTA updates if you have no prior experience.
How to unlock bootloader:
– Unlock Bootloader (Windows):
- Switch off your Nexus device and plug it into your PC using a USB cable.
- Your computer should be installed with ADB.
- Open command prompt > go to Android SDK platform-tools folder,
- type: adb reboot bootloader
- Once your device boots into thebootloader mode,
- type: fastboot oem unlock
- Follow the onscreen instructions to complete the process.
– Unlock Bootloader (Mac):
- Launch Terminal,
- type: bash <(curl https://raw.githubusercontent.com/corbindavenport/nexus-tools/master/install.sh)
- Go to System Preferences > Keyboard Shortcuts > Services > enable New Terminal at Folder.
- Now connect your Nexus to Mac using a USB cable.
- Extract Android 5.0 factory image in a folder on your desktop.
- Right-click on the new folder and point to Services > click on New Terminal at Folder,
- type: adb reboot bootloader
- Next type, fastboot oem unlock
- Follow on-screen instructions to complete the process.
How to download and install Android 5.0 Lollipop:
Here are the steps to download and install Android 5.0 Lollipop using factory images on your Nexus devices:
Download Android 5.0 factory images from links shared above and extract the content to a folder on your desktop and then follow these steps:
- To boot Nexus device inbootloader mode, type the following command in Command Prompt or Terminal:
- adb reboot bootloader
- Once inbootloader mode,
- – For Windows users: run the flash-all script file to start the Android 5.0 Lollipop flashing process.
– For Mac users: Right-click on the factory image folder and navigate to Services > click on New Terminal at Folder and type:
That is just about it! Simply wait for the process to finish and then you can enjoy all the beauty of the newly created Android 5.0 Lollipop.