Downgrade tvOS 13 Beta to tvOS 12 on Apple TV HD
Here is a complete step by step guide on how to downgrade tvOS 13 beta to tvOS 12 on the Apple TV HD (1080p model).
Getting to try out new software is nothing short of luxury, if you’re asking me. But the obvious downside is that we end up dealing with an unfinished mess that can only cause problems in a lot of areas. For example, we might deal with sluggish performance, broken features or even a ton of app crashes due to the lack of updates. All of this combines together to create a cesspool of problems that forces a user to say ‘no thanks’ and go back to the publicly available version of a particular platform. In this case, tvOS 12.
If you updated to tvOS 13 in the hopes of breathing new life into your Apple TV then you might have ended up very disappointed thanks to an array of problems. What you need in your life is a downgrade back to tvOS 12 until things smooth themselves out later down the line. In today’s guide we will show you how to downgrade tvOS 13 beta to tvOS 12. Remember, this process will wipe your Apple TV clean, meaning that if you have a lot of apps installed, you will lose them all.
- Download the the latest publicly available version of tvOS from here. Once downloaded, save the firmware file on your desktop.
- Connect your Apple TV HD with your Mac using a USB-C cable.
- Now launch iTunes.
- Select your Apple TV from the upper left hand corner of iTunes.
- Now click on the Restore Apple TV button while holding down the left Option key.
- Select the tvOS firmware file you downloaded in step 1.
- iTunes will now start extracting the contents of the firmware, restore your Apple TV, verify everything and will ask you to reconnect your Apple TV back to your television set.
From here on in you can set up your Apple TV HD as brand new, or if you had plans for selling it, then it’s entirely your call. The point is: you’re back to tvOS 12 and have performed the downgrade successfully.
If you are running into a lot of problems with your Apple TV, then downgrading is the way to go. Sadly though, this luxury is available for Apple TV HD owners only with the Apple TV 4K left out in the dust.
Looking to download tvOS 13 beta? Follow the guide posted below:
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter