How to Flash CyanogenMod 13.0 Custom Firmware on Nexus 6P
The stable version of CyanogenMod 13.0 is now available for Nexus 6P. If you have been planning to get the awesomeness of CM custom firmware, here is how to flash it on your Nexus 6P.
CM13 custom ROM for Nexus 6P
Being one of the latest Nexus devices, there still aren't many custom ROMs available for the Nexus 6P. If you have been looking for a custom ROM for your Nexus 6P, one of the most popular ROMs from team CyanogenMod is now available for the smartphone. Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow based CM13 (April version) custom ROM can now be installed on Huawei Nexus 6P in all its customizable glory. The ROM brings the usual and most wanted features and tweaks along with performance improvements to the device.
Follow this guide to flash CM13 Nightly Android 6.0.1 custom ROM for Nexus 6P and enjoy the perks and features of the most beloved custom firmware. For the complete list of features, changes, known issues, and more details, please visit the official website.
Prerequisites to flash CM13 custom ROM for Nexus 6P:
- Download and install USB drivers for Nexus 6P on your computer.
- Unlock Nexus 6P bootloader.
- Enable USB debugging option by pressing Menu > Settings > Applications. Navigate and tap on Developer Options to ensure that USB Debugging is enabled.
- Your Nexus 6P should be rooted: follow this guide to root Nexus 6P and install custom recovery.
- Ensure that your Nexus 6P carries more than 70% of charge.
How to flash CM13 custom ROM for Nexus 6P:
- Connect your Nexus 6P to your PC using USB cable and copy the downloaded files to the SD card of your device.
- Disconnect your Nexus 6P and power it off.
- Now boot it into the CMW/TWRP recovery mode: press and hold Volume Up, Home and the Power buttons simultaneously. Use Volume keys to highlight and Power button to select.
- Data wipe operations: go to wipe data/factory reset and confirm the operation. Also wipe cache partition and finally go for wipe dalvik cache to clean it up too.
- Now, select install zip from sdcard and then choose zip from Sdcard. Locate the CM13 Android 6.0.1 file and confirm its installation.
- When the ROM installation completes successfully, repeat the above step for installing the GApps package.
- Once done, go back to main recovery menu and select reboot system now.
First boot takes a little while so please don't get alarmed. Enjoy the wonders that CM13 Marshmallow brings to your device.