How to Root Nexus 6P on Android N NPC56W Developer Preview
We have already shared with you the steps to flash Android N NPC56W on Huawei Nexus 6P. If you want to root Android N developer preview on your Nexus 6P, follow this guide for all the steps and required files. Remember, this is the first developer preview of Android N, however, you can follow the same steps with the latest DP2 as well.
Prerequisites to root Android N NPC56W on Nexus 6P:
- Create a backup of all important data on your Nexus device.
- Your Nexus 6P should be updated to NPC56W Android N.
- Download and install USB drivers for Nexus in your computer.
- The Nexus bootloader should be unlocked.
- Enable USB debugging option by pressing Menu > Settings > Applications. Navigate and tap on Developer Options to ensure that USB Debugging is enabled.
- Ensure that your Nexus device carries more than 70% of charge.
How to root Android N NPC56W on Nexus 6P:
Required files: download Android SDK and install it. Set it up with platform-tools and USB drivers package in SDK. Download SuperSU v2.71 for Nexus on your PC and TWRP 220.127.116.11. Save the latter to the android-sdk-windows\platform-tools directory on your computer. Also, download Fastboot from the following links, depending on your OS:
Step 1: Extract the downloaded Fastboot file in android-sdk-windows\platform-tools directory on your PC. Create directory if not already there.
Step 2: Connect your Nexus device to your computer via USB.
Step 3: Copy and paste SuperSu file to your device's SD card root folder.
Step 4: Turn your Nexus 6P off.
Step 5: Enter the Bootloader mode: power your Nexus on while pressing and holding Volume Down + Power keys.
Step 6: Go to android-sdk-windows\platform-tools directory and open Command Prompt (Shift + Right-click > Open Command Prompt) and type the following command:
- fastboot flash recovery twrp-18.104.22.168-angler.img
Step 7: Once done, enter recovery mode by choosing Recovery from the Fastboot menu.
Step 8: In the recovery mode (CWM or TWRP), scroll to flash zip from SD card > choose zip from sdcard.
Step 9: Using the volume keys, locate SuperSU zip file and select it. Confirm the installation process.
Step 10: After installation is completed, go to +++++Go Back and reboot your Nexus device. First boot may take a few minutes.
Ta da! Your Nexus 6P is now rooted on Android N. You can verify the root with any Root Checker app.