Call of Cthulhu Shows Off Dark Investigative Gameplay in a Creepy New Trailer
Clear your mind and draw open the curtains, because Call of Cthulhu has dropped a new trailer. Unlike earlier trailers, this one is mostly composed of actual gameplay, as we see protagonist Edward Pierce investigating a gruesome crime in a foreboding abandoned mansion. Along the way, he has a bit of a run-in with the mansion’s angry, axe-wielding caretaker – one of several disagreeable characters you’ll have to deal with throughout the game. Check out the trailer, below.
Here’s a bit of previously-revealed Call of Cthulhu gameplay:
Based on the pen & paper RPG of the same name, and, of course, H.P. Lovecraft’s original works, Call of Cthulhu is set in 1920s Boston and requires players to solve a twisted mystery while maintaining their fragile sanity. Call of Cthulhu is one of two similar Lovecraftian games creeping our way soon — The Sinking City being the other one – it will be interesting to see which one Lovecraft fans go crazier for.
Here are some of Call of Cthulhu’s key features, for those who haven’t been keeping up:
- Investigative RPG set in the Lovecraft Universe, developed with Unreal Engine 4.
- Play as Edward Pierce and shed light on the Sarah Hawkins murder, while facing the horrors of a grim island filled with monstrosities lurking in the dark.
- Doubt your own senses and experience true madness, thanks to the game’s unique sanity and psychosis crisis mechanics. Enhance your character’s abilities and use new skills to discover the truth.
- Recruit and lead a small team of investigators, sending them across the island to solve various cases.
- Experience rich, open exploration, full of deep dialogue with meaningful choices that impact the narrative and relationships with your companions.
You can read an exclusive Wccftech interview with the developers of Call of Cthulhu, right here.
Call of Cthulhu: The Official Video Game slithers onto PC, Xbox One, and PS4 just in time for Halloween on October 30.