Blizzard Releases More Updates to Fix Battle for Azeroth Patch 8.0
Blizzard has released more hotfixes for the troubled Battle for Azeroth patch 8.0.
The Battle for Azeroth 8.0 pre-patch was deployed on the game’s live servers, and its launch wasn’t that smooth – something that has been acknowledged by Blizzard. While major updates almost always cause some issues, this pre-patch caused major login and account issues, and even worse, players are faced with overpowered enemies, item level issues, broken questlines and more.
Hotfixes were already deployed last week, and this week, Blizzard has released more patches to fix the apparent issues with the Battle for Azeroth’s pre-patch. The most recent hotfix includes class tweaks, dungeon and raid changes, quest fixes, PvP changes, and much more. We’ve included the full release notes for the hotfix (July 23) down below:
July 23, 2018
- Death Knight
- Rune of the Fallen Crusader and Rune of the Stoneskin Gargoyle are now available at level 55.
- Dreadwake Armor 2-piece bonus will now correctly reduce the cooldown of Dancing Rune Weapon when a charge of Bone Shield is consumed.
- Tamed diemetradons are no longer dino-sized.
- Tiger Style should no longer incorrectly affect Flying Serpent Kick.
- Avenger’s Shield will correctly interrupt or silence only one target, regardless of effects that add damage targets.
- Fixed a bug where The First of the Dead did not work with Shadowstrike and Gloomblade.
- Fixed an issue that caused Riptide's healing to be increased more than intended by Earth Shield.
- Fixed a bug where Execute with Massacre talent and Whirlwind active could not correctly deal damage.
- Fixed a bug preventing several spells from correctly granting Soul Leech.
- Fixed a bug where boosting a Demon Hunter character or using a class trial Demon Hunter equipped the character with rogue gear.
Creatures and NPCs
- Slitherblade Myrmidon's Localized Toxin no longer deals excessive amounts of damage.
Dungeons and Raids
- Antorus, the Burning Throne
- Felhounds of Sargeras
- Singed damage reduced by 75%.
- Strike damage reduced by 60%.
- Reduced the health of Fel Hound, Fel Lord, and Felguard.
- Antoran High Command
- Psychic Assault damage stacks less aggressively.
- Portal Keeper Hasabel
- Blazing Imp health reduced by 30%.
- Pulse Grenade damage reduced by 30%.
- Stasis Trap damage reduced by 30%.
- Coven of Shivarra
- Shadow Blades damage reduced by 50%.
- Wake of Flame damage reduced by 20%.
- Auchenai Crypts
- Shirrak the Dead Watcher
- Carnivorous Bite now does considerably less damage.
- Blackrock Depths
- Reduced General Angerforge's attack damage.
- Reduced Fineous Darkvire’s attack damage.
- Blackwing Lair
- Shadow of Ebonroc no longer heals for excessive amounts.
- Dire Maul
- Reduced the damage done by Gordok Reavers summoned by Captain Kromcrush.
- Forge of Souls
- Reduced Bronjahm’s damage and the damage increase done by Magic's Bane to casters.
- Halls of Origination
- Reduced Anhurr's Divine Reckoning damage.
- Gate of the Setting Sun
- Fixed an issue where Ga'dok would fall and despawn.
- Grimrail Depot
- Borka the Brute and Railmaster Rocketspark
- Unmanaged Aggression now does considerably less damage and provides less haste.
- Lower Blackrock Spire
- Shadow Hunter Vosh'gajin’s Curse of Blood no longer increases damage taken by an excessive amount.
- Reduced Rotgrip’s attack damage.
- Maw of Souls
- Piercing Tentacle no longer does excessive damage.
- Mogu’shan Palace
- Reduced the damage done by Gekkan and his associates.
- Mogu’shan Vaults
- Fixed a bug where The Spirit Kings could sometimes unintentionally respawn.
- Neltharion’s Lair
- Dargrul’s Crystal Spikes no longer incorrectly prioritizes tanks.
- The Nighthold
- The healing amount of Vampiric Aura has been reduced to 10% of the target’s health.
- Feast of Blood now activates Vampiric Aura (was an increase to Vampiric Aura).
- The Oculus
- Reduced the damage of Drakos the Interrogator’s Sphere Detonation and melee attacks.
- Pit of Saron
- Reduced Forgemaster Garfrost’s damage.
- Return to Karazhan
- Centurion, Pyrelord, and Core Hound creatures summoned by Backup Singer should no longer have excessive health.
- Scarlet Halls
- Exploding Shot Stalker no longer deals excessive damage.
- Scarlet Monastery
- Scorched Earth no longer deals excessive damage.
- Tomb of Sargeras
- Demonic Obelisk should no longer deal excessive damage.
- Vehicle power scaling adjusted to better fit post-squish item levels.
- The Underbog
- Swamplord Muselek no longer deals excessive damage.
- Utgarde Keep
- Ingvar the Plunderer’s Dark Smash and Dreadful Roar no longer paint his face with as much of your blood.
- Vortex Pinnacle
- Reduced the damage done by Altairus' Chilling Breath and Lightning Blast.
- Sticky Bomb damage has been reduced.
- Mecha-Blast Rocket damage has been reduced.
- Gunpowder Charge damage has been reduced.
Player versus Player
- The item Net-O-Matic 5000 should work in Stormwind and Orgrimmar on targets who are flagged for PvP and have War Mode enabled.
- The rate at which Hammer of Reckoning stacks are gained has been reduced to 1 stack per 5% of the Paladin's maximum health in damage.
- Crowd control spells that immediately break on damage such as Polymorph and Freezing Trap will now remove Shadow Mend's damage over time effect in PvP combat.
- Fury Warriors can no longer continuously cast Heroic Leap when they have the Honor Talent Barbarian.
- Barbarian will correctly interact with the additional Heroic Leap charges granted by Timeless Stratagem.
- “Fixed a bug with the Emergency Fire Ward on “Bael’dun Rescue”.
- ““The Stolen Silver” can again be properly looted when clicking on the Stolen Silver Lockbox.
- “Enemies no longer do excessive damage in “The Defense of Karabor”.
- “Gymer should now be better at surviving throughout “The Storm King’s Vengeance”.
- “Bone Armor now more substantial and effective on “Ever Watching From Above”.
- “The Great Northern Elderhorn should no longer vanish during the Leatherworking quest “Mounting Made Easy”.
- “Fixed a bug where Thrall would not complete the Hour of Twilight event if Arcurion was killed quickly.
- “The Forest’s Edge bounty board again offers “WANTED: Hogger”.
- “Horde players can again use the Sunreaver Portal during "Insertion".
- “Fixed a bug causing the spell Soul Blast to deal too much damage during "The Storm King's Vengeance".
- “Enemy machine gun fire no longer deals excessive damage on “The Pride of Kezan”.
- “Fixed a bug preventing the turn in of "Captain Sanders' Hidden Treasure".
World of Warcraft’s seventh expansion will release for PC next month on August 14.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter