New WoW: Battle for Azeroth Hotfix Patch 8.2 Increases Threat Generation for All Tank Specializations & More
Blizzard is rolling out a new World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth hotfix for patch 8.2 ‘Rise of Azshara’ which increases threat generation for all tank specializations.
The latest hotfix for Battle for Azeroth allows for additional threat generation through increases granted at each of the three Essence slot unlocks by increasing the damage output of damage-dealing specializations.
“At each of the three Essence slot unlocks, damage-dealing specializations are gaining an increase in their damage output that is substantial enough to sometimes unintentionally disrupt tanking”, Blizzard explains. “This change should keep threat generation, relative to DPS, on par with where it was earlier in the expansion.”
The hotfix also includes several changes and fixes for the Za’qul, Harbinger of Ny’alotha, and Queen Azshara encounter in the Eternal Palace raid alongside changes to the Operation: Mechagon dungeon and various other fixes. We’ve included the official release notes for this new hotfix down below:
Battle for Azeroth Hotfix Release Notes - July 23, 2019
- Added some additional underwater wildlife for the Blackwater Behemoth achievement Intro to Marine Biology.
- All tank specializations now generate additional threat, via increases granted at each of the three Essence slot unlocks.
Developers’ notes: At each of the three Essence slot unlocks, damage-dealing specializations are gaining an increase in their damage output that is substantial enough to sometimes unintentionally disrupt tanking. This change should keep threat generation, relative to DPS, on par with where it was earlier in the expansion.
Dungeons and Raids
- Azshara’s Eternal Palace
- Za’qul, Harbinger of Ny’alotha
- Players who enter the Delirium Realm are now immune to the effects of Crushing Grasp for a few seconds.
- Fixed an issue that caused Arcane Intellect and Power Word: Fortitude buffs to be removed from players entering the Delirium Realm.
- Queen Azshara
- Players who are targeted by Charged Spear should no longer be valid targets of Static Shock.
- Players with Static Shock should no longer be valid targets of Charged Spear.
- Battle of Dazar’alor
- Stormwall Blockade
- Fixed a bug that sometimes caused Rogues who used Shadowstep on Laminaria to be ported behind the boss and into the Roiling Tides.
- Operation: Mechagon
- Increased the time between Air Drop and Venting Flames by 5 seconds.
- Decreased the cooldown of Air Drop by 2 seconds.
- Increased the size of the safe zones behind the Junk Cubes that prevent players from taking damage from Venting Flames.
- The Cursed Lover’s Ring damaging debuff no longer interrupts its wearer from consuming food or drink items.
- Fixed a bug that sometimes caused Remote Guidance Device’s on-use effect to trigger twice.
- Fixed a bug that sometimes Gloves of Incomparable Beauty’s proc effect to break its wearer out of stealth.
- Heart of Azeroth
- Arcane Heart
- Fixed a bug that caused some damage and healing effects to go uncounted by this Azerite Trait.
- Damage and healing counted to activate Omnipotence is no longer counted while Omnipotence is active.
- Players who are on both "The Shores of Fate" and "Payment in Kind" can now complete "Payment in Kind" properly.
- Fixed an issue where some Rogues could not interact with the injured soldiers required to complete "Fear No Evil".
- The largest of Queen Azshara's prized jellyfish have been placated after stunning a great many players who missed their jumps occasionally, and will now allow players to jump on them more consistently during "Jumping Jellies".
World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth is available globally now. The expansion’s latest major content update, patch 8.2 ‘Rise of Azshara’ was released last month.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter