Latest WoW: Battle for Azeroth Rise of Azshara Hotfix Includes Quest, PvP, Dungeon, Item & Class Fixes and Changes
Blizzard has rolled out a new Battle for Azeroth Rise of Azshara hotfix that offers fixes and changes aplenty.
Last week’s Rise of Azshara patch 8.2 hotfix already included numerous changes and fixes to quests, PvP, items, classes and more, and Blizzard has now deployed another patch that packs plenty of changes. We’ve included the official list of changes and fixes down below:
Battle for Azeroth Rise of Azshara Hotfix July 2nd release notes
- Stitches' Aura of Rot stacks again fall off when players leave the affected area.
- Rage is limited to a maximum of 25 at the start of a raid encounter.
- Resolved an issue that prevented Sap from breaking when specific spells were cast on affected targets such as Concentrated Flame (Essence).
- The debuff from Crucible of Flame (Essence) no longer removes Rogues from stealth.
- Players now retain the buffs provided by Neri Sharpfin if they log out and back in during its duration.
Creatures and NPCs
- Increased the health scaling and base health of all the lowest-health rare spawns in Nazjatar and Mechagon.
- Developers’ note: With this change more players will have a chance to engage these rare spawns before they are eliminated.
- Vengeful Highborne’s fear ability channel reduced to 3 seconds (was 4 seconds) and its duration reduced to 4 seconds (was 5 seconds).
- Flight Master Gizzik Kelpears now defends against hostile creatures.
- Reduced the spawn chance for Enforcer KX-T57.
- The Dopple Gang now spawns when players use the item Pressure Relief Valve.
- Shirakess Overseer no longer spawns inside rocks.
- Rolly Gulper is no longer immune to area-of-effect abilities.
- Lord Hydraxis is now more powerful.
Dungeons and Raids
- Terrance of Endless Spring
- Tsulong now respawns after a soft reset of the instance being inactive for 30 minutes.
- Heart of Azeroth
- Resolved an issue that caused Memory of Lucid Dreams (Essence) to break the user’s stealth when refunding resources.
- Memory of Lucid Dreams’ (Essence) Major Power now correctly lasts the full duration for Fire Mages, Frost Mages, and Protection Paladins.
- Developers’ note: The Minor Power on Memory of Lucid Dreams has a custom implementation for Fire Mages and how it interacts with Fire Blast charges. However, this wound up being too strong relative to other Essences’ Minor Powers. As such we’re reducing its proc rate by 33% for Fire Mages, which should keep this as a very strong option to use in the Minor Slot, but much closer to the potency of other Minor Powers.
- Crucible of Flames’ (Essence) Minor Power no longer procs when casting abilities that apply crowd control to a target.
- Fixed a bug preventing Purification Protocol's (Essence) Minor Power from correctly generating threat when damaging enemies.
- The damage and healing granted from Omnipotence (Azerite Trait) now resets at the beginning of encounters and Arena matches.
- Fixed a bug that caused the Highborne Compendium of Sundering’s proc chance to increase if an allied player also had the trinket equipped.
- Prismatic Crystals[ now stack to 200.
- Shaman can now activate Anti-Gravity Packs in Ghost Wolf form.
- Benthic gear now displays the correct amount of Prismatic Manapearls needed for upgrades.
- The Volatile Blaster now can be used by Druids in Cat or Bear form.
- Harbinger’s Inscrutable Will now pacifies enemies struck by its projectile effect (was a silence).
- Druids can use Anti-Gravity Packs in all shapeshift forms, except Travel Form. Flap those wings, Moonkin!
Player versus Player
- The "Battle for Nazjatar" event is now active when there are similar numbers of players from both factions with War Mode activated in Nazjatar. When that is not the case, "Azshara's Elite Commanders" —a new event—becomes active and also rewards Battle for Nazjatar Commendations.
- The "Battle for Nazjatar" no longer ends prematurely.
- Fixed an issue that prevented Horde players who participated in Battle for Nazjatar from receiving rewards if they died when it ended.
- Kronus’ and Fangraal's health and damage have been increased in the Ashran Epic Battleground.
- Resolved an issue that could cause players in Dalaran Sewers to be teleported to the center of the Arena.
- Players now receive Nazjatar Battle Commendations from War Supply Chests earned in Nazjatar.
- Shadow Sight Orbs now spawn within the Robodrome Arena.
- The power coils have powered-up, and are now ready to zap shy arena players within the Robodrome starting area who linger too long.
- Fixed an issue that caused Rogues to die when casting Death from Above while participating in a Black Rook Hold Arena match.
- Players can again complete "Sliding with Style".
- Enemy players can no longer kill the opposing faction’s NPCs necessary to complete "The Missing Crew".
- Fixed an issue preventing players from turning in "They Made Their Choice".
- Pet Battle quests now give credit towards "Rustbolt Rebellion".
- Fixed an issue that caused the “Runelocked Chest” play area to clip into a nearby wall.
- Fixed an issue causing players to become unable to complete the quest, "Saving Corin."
- The user interface now always displays available quests for followers.
- Players again receive credit toward “Bounty: Dangerous Creatures” for eliminating rare spawns.
- The criteria for “Bounty: Dangerous Creatures” has been reduced to 1 rare spawn (was 3 rare spawns).
- World Quest targets in Nazjatar no longer display a silver dragon portrait, but instead show up as quest bosses or elite quest bosses.
- The Pearl of Abyss can now be obtained.
- Flopping Fish is now much more kickable.
- Addressed an issue that caused Wood and Iron resources looted from creatures to be less common.
- Alliance players can no longer rest in the Horde Outpost Ekka's Hideaway.
- Players who die in the Great Sea off the coast of Mechagon are no longer teleported to the Whitegrove Chapel graveyard.
Yesterday we already covered the Battle for Nazjatar fix that Blizzard released to address the unbalanced faction representation in the PvP event, and these changes have been included the patch notes above.
World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth is available globally now. The expansion’s most recent content update, patch 8.2 Rise of Azshara, was released on the game’s live servers last week.