Apple releases macOS Catalina 10.15.1 with new emojis, AirPods Pro support & more
Apple has released macOS Catalina 10.15.1 with new emojis, AirPods Pro support, Siri Privacy controls, Home app updates and a number of bug fixes and other improvements. The build number for this update is 19B88 and it is around 4.49 GB in size.
Apple had released macOS Catalina 10.15 early in October with a number new features and changes. iTunes was replaced with new Music, TV and Podcasts apps, Reminders got a major update, a new screen mirroring feature from Mac to iPad called Sidecar was introduced, and Apple Arcade gaming subscription was added, along with other changes.
macOS Catalina 10.15.1 Features
With the new update, Apple has introduced a number of new features like Unicode 12 emojis, AirPods support, HomeKit Secure Video and Siri privacy settings, which it had also added to iOS 13.2 recently. Additionally, the update also brings number of tweaks and improvements to Photos, TV, Music and Home apps.
Here are the complete release notes from Apple:
The macOS Catalina 10.15.1 update includes updated and additional emoji, support for AirPods Pro, HomeKit Secure Video, HomeKit enabled routers, and new Siri privacy settings, as well as bug fixes and improvements.
- Over 70 new or updated emoji, including animals, food, activities, new accessibility emoji, gender neutral emoji, and skin tones selection for couple emoji
- Introduces support for AirPods Pro
- HomeKit Secure Video enables you to privately capture, store, and view encrypted video from your security cameras and features people, animal, and vehicle detection
- HomeKit enabled routers let you control how your HomeKit accessories communicate over the internet or in your home
- Adds support for AirPlay 2-enabled speakers in scenes and automations
- Privacy settings to control whether or not to help improve Siri and Dictation by allowing Apple to store audio of your Siri and Dictation interactions
- Option to delete your Siri and Dictation history from Siri Settings
This update also includes the following bug fixes and improvements:
- Restores the ability to view file names in the All Photos view in Photos
- Restores the ability to filter by favorites, photos, videos, edited, and keywords in Days view in Photos
- Fixes an issue where Messages would only send a single notification when the option to repeat alerts was enabled
- Resolves an issue that caused Contacts to launch to the previously opened contact instead of the contact list
- Adds a two-finger swipe gesture for back navigation in Apple News
- Resolves issues that may occur in the Music app when displaying playlists inside folders and newly added songs in the Songs list
- Improves reliability of migrating iTunes library databases into the Music, Podcasts, and TV apps
- Fixes an issue where downloaded titles were not visible in the Downloads folder in the TV app
- When using the built-in keyboard with a non-U.S. keyboard layout, passwords with certain characters are no longer rejected at the Mac login window.
- When sign in with Apple ID is not allowed by a configuration profile, the Sign In button in System Preferences is now dimmed.
For detailed information about the security content of this update, please visit: https://support.apple.com/kb/HT201222
Download macOS Catalina 10.15.1
Just like the initial release, macOS Catalina 10.15.1 supports the following Macs:
- MacBook 2015 and later
- MacBook Air 2012 and later
- MacBook Pro 2012 and later
- Mac mini 2012 and later
- iMac 2012 and later
- iMac Pro 2017 and later
- Mac Pro 2013 and later
To download the new update, follow the below steps:
- Open System Preferences
- Go to Software Update
- Wait for the update to show and then click on Update Now.
Make sure that your MacBook has sufficient battery before upgrading.
- How to clean install macOS Catalina 10.15 on your Mac
- How to Clean Install macOS Catalina Without USB Using Internet Recovery [Tutorial]
- macOS Catalina: Fix ‘Setting Up Your Mac’ Issue After macOS Installation
- How to switch from beta to final version of macOS Catalina
- How to create a macOS Catalina bootable USB installer
- How to download macOS Catalina installer without Mac App Store