AMD Radeon 17.3.2 ReLive Driver Boosts Mass Effect Andromeda Performance By Up To 12% On RX 480 8GB
The new AMD Radeon 17.3.2 ReLive drivers increase the performance of Mass Effect Andromeda by up to 12% on Radeon RX 480 8GB cards. The new Crimson software also fixes some issues in For Honor and The Division.
The new AMD ReLive drivers can be downloaded from AMD’s website right here, and are said to be optimized for the upcoming Mass Effect: Andromeda. According to AMD, a performance increase of up to 12% can be measured on RX 480 8GB GPU’s when compared to the previous Radeon Software Crimson ReLive edition.
Down below you’ll find the full release notes for Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition 17.3.2:
Support For Mass Effect™: Andromeda
- Up to 12% performance improvement measured on Radeon RX 480 8GB when compared to Radeon Software Crimson ReLive edition 17.3.1RS-112
- AMD Optimized Tessellation Profile added
- Texture corruption may be observed in The Division™ on some surfaces using the DirectX®12 API.
- For Honor™ may experience texture flickering or a black screen in game menus or when performing a task switch in 4x Multi GPU system configurations.
- Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon® Wildlands may sometimes fail to launch in three or four way Multi GPU enabled system configurations.
- Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon® Wildlands may experience flicker in Multi GPU system configurations when performing a task switch or changing graphics settings while the game is running.
- Battlefield™ 1 may fail to launch using Origin or Radeon Settings if it has an enabled profile in the Radeon Settings Game Manager. Users can disable the Battlefield™ 1 profile if they are experiencing issues with launching.
- Application profiles in Radeon Settings may fail to retain after system log off or reboot for some gaming applications.
- AMD FreeSync™ technology mode may not be compatible or function with Sniper Elite™ 4.
- Enabling supersampling in Sniper Elite™ 4 may cause image cropping.
- Radeon Settings may crash on switching Windows® user after toggling AMD CrossFire™ technology mode.
- A small amount of apps may still experience issues with Borderless Fullscreen mode and AMD FreeSync™ technology if other applications or game launchers are running on the primary screen in the background.
- Counter-Strike™: Global Offensive and World of Warcraft™ may experience flickering or performance issues the first time the game is launched on a system boot with AMD FreeSync™ technology enabled. Workarounds include exiting and restarting the application or task switching (alt+tab) in and out of the game to fix the issue.
- Shadow Warrior 2™ may fail to enable Multi GPU on game launch due to a missing application profile in Radeon Settings.
Known Issues for Radeon ReLive
- The XBOX™ DVR application may cause conflicts with Radeon ReLive, users are suggested to disable XBOX™ DVR if Radeon ReLive is experiencing issues.
- Radeon ReLive may fail to install on AMD APU Family products or experience a system hang or failure to record when using the recording feature on AMD APU Family products.
- Radeon ReLive may intermittently fail to work after performing task switches of applications. A work around is to disable and then enable the feature in Radeon Software.
- Radeon ReLive may stop working after hot unplugging of a secondary display.
- Radeon ReLive will not allow recording settings to change with Instant Replay enabled. A workaround is to disable Instant Replay and change settings then enable Instant Replay.
- Vulkan™ applications may experience a game hang when using Radeon ReLive to record.
- Radeon ReLive will not notify an end user of low disk space during recording.
- System information overlay is only generated on first run and will not be repopulated when system configuration is changed.
- Radeon ReLive may exhibit corruption in recordings when capturing Microsoft Office applications.
Mass Effect Andromeda won’t be released until next week, but a trial of the game is available now for Xbox One and PC through EA Access and EA Origin.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter